Repubs save schoolchildren

Jim

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is pretty much dead anyways. Now we've got another speech coming - on Health Care.

And Limbaugh is already out there telling his sheep exactly what the president is going to tell Congress despite not having heard the speech yet (sound familiar?). And of course, he is 'going to tell Congress to ignore the wishes of the American people and usher in an unprecedented level of tyranny and totalitarianism to America!"

So the tactic is, get people mad about speeches in advance before the content is revealed, then when the speech isn't anything like they promised, for those who still watched the speech, they can say "he switched speeches at the last minute after he got caught!"

which is something I heard about the school speech yesterday.

seem like reasonable topics. i'd just suggest to take the word conservative out of it all together. we are all americans...why introduce the polarization?

i guess b/c the criticism's have mostly been from conservatives, not liberal, so it was more precise to use the adjective - it was also a continuation of a lesson last week where we discussed political identities, took quizzes/polls on the subject, and in general tried to make sense of the words "liberal" and "conservative" in popular speech

bill, the kids were largely unimpressed i'd say - just eyeballing their hand-votes (the kid w/ 11 fingers had the spinal tap option too!) the average was somewhere around 5 (but hardly anyone went as high as 7, there were more 1s, n' 2s) - most felt it was a repetitive message - some thought he was bragging too much on himself (the word "i" is used a good bit)and perhaps more interested in improving the economy than their own little lives - there were complaints that he didn't list less glorious occupations on the list of goals (just doctors n' lawyers, they said - i said it woulda been a little wierd if he had spetn 5 minutes listing all of america's trades though)

i challenged them to find subtle, non-verbal messages - no one mentioned it until i prompted them, but he was wearing a blue tie and standing in front of a blue background - intentional subliminal adverting for the democratic party? :)

regardless, the discussion alone made this a very worthwhile activity for my class - a lot of animated kids poking fun at old people has alwasy tickled me in the brain-stem :P it also provided a good opportunity to put up a pie-chart of the federal budget, discuss the concept of priorities as revealed by spending, the nature and sources of funding for public education, etc.

Well I do hope you eventually concluded class by telling them they are unamerican if they don't love Obama.

This thread is pretty much dead anyways. Now we've got another speech coming - on Health Care.

And Limbaugh is already out there telling his sheep exactly what the president is going to tell Congress despite not having heard the speech yet (sound familiar?). And of course, he is 'going to tell Congress to ignore the wishes of the American people and usher in an unprecedented level of tyranny and totalitarianism to America!"

So the tactic is, get people mad about speeches in advance before the content is revealed, then when the speech isn't anything like they promised, for those who still watched the speech, they can say "he switched speeches at the last minute after he got caught!"

What did Glenn Beck and Michael Weiner say about it?

Rush is great at that type of fear-mongering hate. His fans are too retarded to see that 1) he's strictly an entertainer and his views exist solely to drum up listeners and 2) almost everything that comes out of his mouth is contrary to what exists in reality. For example, he derides the "pundit class" while being a pundit himself. How's that work in his mind, and in the minds of his sheep? Are they that dumb/blind? KKK+K?

I'm over them. Limbaugh turns me on more now.

Rush is great at that type of fear-mongering hate. His fans are too retarded to see that 1) he's strictly an entertainer and his views exist solely to drum up listeners and 2) almost everything that comes out of his mouth is contrary to what exists in reality. For example, he derides the "pundit class" while being a pundit himself. How's that work in his mind, and in the minds of his sheep? Are they that dumb/blind? KKK+K?

Listening to Rush pontificate is almost as nauseating as listening to you cc.com libtards spew your venomous nonsense. Almost.

I'm over them. Limbaugh turns me on more now.

You must be a Metallica fan.

Beck is more like Megadeth, and Weiner is like the S.O.D.

Sargent D and the S.O.D.:

Ruthless and vicious he'll stomp on your face

Deadly, malicious, stay out of his space

He'll rip your eyes out, don't look the wrong way

And once you meet him, there's no time to pray

He'll rip your heart out, make you eat your own lips

Then crack your elbows, and crush fingertips

He'll make you wish that you didn't exist,

Cause Sargent D is coming, and you're on his list

Don't cut the line, cause he'll cut off your legs

Don't take your time or you'll spend time with the dead

Don't try to trick him, he'll fill you with lead

Don't beg for mercy, he'll piss on your head

He'll kill your sister, then mail back the tits

He'll beat you senseless, then break out the whips

He'll put gas on your kids, then throw them a match

He'll back the car over grandma, then dissect her cat

With his Stormtroopers of Death, he'll come to your town

Their Uzi's rip through flesh, then it's time to chow down

Their cause is justified, their reason is clear

The word revenge is all that they hear

Listening to Rush pontificate is almost as nauseating as listening to you cc.com libtards spew your venomous nonsense. Almost.

If it was true, you'd be anorexic puke, but instead you are just another fat fuck.

Sargent D and the S.O.D.:

Ruthless and vicious he'll stomp on your face

Deadly, malicious, stay out of his space

He'll rip your eyes out, don't look the wrong way

And once you meet him, there's no time to pray

He'll rip your heart out, make you eat your own lips

Then crack your elbows, and crush fingertips

Don't cut the line, cause he'll cut off your legs

Don't take your time or you'll spend time with the dead

Don't try to trick him, he'll fill you with lead

Don't beg for mercy, he'll piss on your head

He'll kill your sister, then mail back the tits

He'll beat you senseless, then break out the whips

He'll put gas on your kids, then throw them a match

He'll back the car over grandma, then dissect her cat

With his Stormtroopers of Death, he'll come to your town

Their Uzi's rip through flesh, then it's time to chow down

Their cause is justified, their reason is clear

The word revenge is all that they hear

The title music for Headbangers Ball!!! :rocken: with the trains crashing head on, etc.

I'm sure you get to her before Sean. You are not a fan of sloppy seconds, SS!

With Coulter, sloppy seconds are probably unavoidable.

Nevertheless, your the man to venture onto her deadly ground and enter the belly of the beast.

Ugh. Besides she's currently Under Siege by all those horny black conservatives!