• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
karen

scrambling

How do you define scrambling? Talus hiking with $300 trekking poles or Peter Croft doing the Stuart traverse or somewhere in between?

I once heard a Rockies climber define "scrambling" as a contraction of "Scree Rambling". [Roll Eyes]

quote:

Originally posted by thelawgoddess:

i hate talus.

i hate scree.

walls of granite

are where i want to be.

oh ya, you tell 'em sista!!!! [big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by Muffy The Wanker Sprayer:

quote:

i hate talus.

i hate scree.

walls of granite

are where i want to be.

oh ya, you tell 'em sista!!!!
[big Grin]
Oh yeah that beautiful Smiffy tufftuff "granite" [laf]

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

quote:

quote:

i hate talus.

i hate scree.

walls of granite

are where i want to be.

oh ya, you tell 'em sista!!!!
[big Grin]
Oh yeah that beautiful Smiffy tufftuff "granite"
[laf]
just because I will settle for tuft, does not mean that deep in my being, I am not LUSTING for granite [Wink][Razz]

quote:

just because I will settle for tuft, does not mean that deep in my being, I am not LUSTING for granite
[Wink][Razz]

Lusting no less... sounds pretty serious. Is your husband OK with these impure thoughts you are having? [laf]

or those convenient "rockfall scars" making tiny edges through the varnish & following the bolt lines on the base of picnic lunch wall [Roll Eyes]

Id be willing to scramble karen up some breakfast if she showed up to fall ropeup [big Grin]

Did I hear breakfast? your'e on dude. lets see scramblers do what you sissies do with ropes Most people who talk alot climb a whole lot less. [Mad]

quote:

Originally posted by kainsacad:

Don't they have scrambles in England?

Yes, they give them silly ratings like E9 7b.

quote:

Originally posted by karen:

Did I hear breakfast? your'e on dude. lets see scramblers do what you sissies do with ropes Most people who talk alot climb a whole lot less.
[Mad]

Climbers may be narrow-minded and boring, but these "scramblers" sound aggressive and violent. Can't you get "scramblers" at Denny's?

why yes you can [big Grin] Don't ask how I know that... I will NEVER TELL [Razz]

quote:

why yes you can
[big Grin]
Don't ask how I know that... I will NEVER TELL
[Razz]

[laf][laf][laf] I will forever have images of Muffy in a Denny's uniform asking if I want "...wheat, white, or sourdough?"

isn't that scrabble? thjat stuff is shitty...my grandma tried to make me eat that shit... baisically grind up a pig in a blender and cook it and you have it.... [hell no] wrong...really wrong....