Ropeup 2009!

olyclimber

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting to look like I might have to pull the D-ring on RU this year... :rolleyes:

D'oh! No WR of Prussik?

Things are morphing again. The possibility of my presence is now increasing.

My life is in a terrible state of flux right now. Highly fluid and dynamic.

This could go on to the very last minute...

HAHHAHAHHAA FUNNY.

Some things to bring:

1. Something to share for eating on Saturday night.

2. Stove and pot to boil some Costco polish sausages Sat. night

3. Can anyone bring a really long extension cord? Need to keep the generator out in the woods.

4. FIREWOOD!

5. If you have pictures you want to show of the Enchantments/Stuart, bring them. We'll have a laptop. I think Wayne might be showing his movies, and telemarker will be showing some pics. As time permits, we'll show other stuff. We'll start around dusk or so.

Don't forget that Sol & Co. are showing tomorrow night. that will be a very cool show of new quality local climbing, don't miss it. 10pm tomorrow night.

Unfortunately the camp host isn't available till tomorrow.

However, here are some basic rules regarding parking:

0. No parking on vegetation! This is extremely important.

1. If you park in the group campsite, an easement or pathway MUST remain for an emergency vehicle to drive by to get to the campsite. This means NO blocking of the road into the campsite.

If necessary, drive in and drop your camp gear off, then go move your car up to the main road shoulder above the campsite. DO NOT CAMP ON THE CAMPGROUND ROAD BY THE OTHER CAMPSITES (non Group camp).

2. There will be a limit as to the number of cars that can park at the actual campsite. We may ask you to move your car at some point.

3. Stephanie is a Forest Service person that will may be helping to sort out the parking situation. If she asks you to move your car or whatever, do it! ;)

4. The camphost will probably be up checking things out. If he seems upset or wants things changed, then notify me please!

5. If you see anyone breaking the above rules, set them straight!

Additional rules:

No rearranging the campsite.

1. No moving the picnic tables

2. No moving the firerings.

All this is basic common sense anyway!

If someone one walks into the campsite looking for me, please either take a message if i'm not there, or lead them to me.

Thanks!

Some things to bring:

1. Something to share for eating on Saturday night.

2. Stove and pot to boil some Costco polish sausages Sat. night

3. Can anyone bring a really long extension cord? Need to keep the generator out in the woods.

4. FIREWOOD!

5. If you have pictures you want to show of the Enchantments/Stuart, bring them. We'll have a laptop. I think Wayne might be showing his movies, and telemarker will be showing some pics. As time permits, we'll show other stuff. We'll start around dusk or so.

Don't forget that Sol & Co. are showing tomorrow night. that will be a very cool show of new quality local climbing, don't miss it. 10pm tomorrow night.

I'm getting ready to take off with a truck full of party. See you up there if you're going! Otherwise have fun at John's thing down in PDX, or on your own up in the mtns on this most awesome weekend!

Unfortunately the camp host isn't available till tomorrow.

However, here are some basic rules regarding parking:

0. No parking on vegetation! This is extremely important.

1. If you park in the group campsite, an easement or pathway MUST remain for an emergency vehicle to drive by to get to the campsite. This means NO blocking of the road into the campsite.

If necessary, drive in and drop your camp gear off, then go move your car up to the main road shoulder above the campsite. DO NOT CAMP ON THE CAMPGROUND ROAD BY THE OTHER CAMPSITES (non Group camp).

2. There will be a limit as to the number of cars that can park at the actual campsite. We may ask you to move your car at some point.

3. Stephanie is a Forest Service person that will may be helping to sort out the parking situation. If she asks you to move your car or whatever, do it! ;)

4. The camphost will probably be up checking things out. If he seems upset or wants things changed, then notify me please!

5. If you see anyone breaking the above rules, set them straight!

This is important! Don't park on vegetation! I've worked hard to make this weekend possible, so lets not piss off the Forest Service and Campground host!

doh! i almost forgot the Costco Polish sausages :hcluv:

i also have Pancake mix for those that want to make pancakes Saturday or Sunday morning. no syrup, but i have a package of butter. also i think i have a pan for those, but you might want to bring one just in case.

can someone bring an extension cord so i can set the generator well away?