Jamin's new site?

rob

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has this guy actually climbed any of these routes? :lmao:

I have a hard time believing that anyone who says this about the Muir snowfield:

the snow fields and weather change very rapidly, one day you start in deep powder snow, the next to sheer ice miles long

or who would say this at all:

Little Si though it be a short hiking trail for some, others of us have taken it to a different level. Many already know its fun 5th class climbing walls, others of us who were too tired of waiting for routes to come open decided to go another route, up the face, Alpine style

would have climbed NNorwegian buttress?

But who knows!

Mt Si/aka Haystack Rock, Central I-90 Corridor

Mt Si is usually done as a very popular day hike or used for training for Mt Rainier. Mt Si is in itself a 3,500 ft trail hike over about 4 miles with 100 foot chunk of rock (Haystack rock) on the top. However, it can be done via the face which will take your 3 - 5 class or you can hike to the top with a rope and a few draws to climb Haystack, which can be done as a 3rd class scramble depending on the route you take.

Notes: Mt Si is a great way to keep in shape all year round. If you don't mind sticking on a pair or either instep or full crampons on you can climb it even in the winter. That tends to be even more fun. You might want to trade in your warm weather gear for a pair of ice tools if its in the middle of the winter... you might want them when you get to Haystack.

Taking a hike for a bit of 5th class will be a chunk of training. Hopefully you are ready for the 4 miles of hearty hiking with gear. The trail is mainly switchbacks and very well tracked. Once you get to the top you will see all kinds of rock chunks everywhere, Haystack will be the largest of them just past where you think the top of the trail is. You will see a few bolts on the south side of Haystack. You can also climb up the back side for you 3rd class route to an incredible view.

If you choose to go via the face going Alpine style, you will want to park in the Little Si parking area. The face route will take you out of that trailhead. Take a good rope, multi protection for this will be a trad route. As of this date I am unsure of any fixed pro on the face. If you look at the photo below, Haystack is the small chunk of rock at the very peak just to the right of center. The mountain itself as you can see has a great deal of potential, it just needs to be explored.

I say good on them for getting out and getting on it. Check out Tonyas story of losing 60 lbs. Damn awesome! So they put it online and it's not perfect (I think there was a lot of copy and paste of others words here and there)...so what?

Tonya B4:

tonya%201.jpg

Tonya after:

ENCHANTMENTS%20218.jpg

Anyone want to do anything constructive, then why not offer them some advice and help with wording where it's needed. Nice find Rob.

This must be a natural result of getting to be old fucks ..aging Sobo, as I feel the same.

Warm regards:

:wave:

ps, to everyone young, I heard there will be no line for the North Norwegian Buttress this 4th of July.....lets see those TRs!

Edited by billcoe

I don't know about that site, but Jamin has come to good senses for a while now. He's done with all the hot-blooded "first winter ascent" craze, and appears to be going on quite conservative outings these days. May be Jesus has something to do with it, but I don't really care what made him change his attitude. I'm happy for the dude.