Weather Conspiracy!!!!

miker

What is the *&%$*&% Deal. I check all the weather sites and possible climbing runs for the weekend and they all show rain. No rain on Thursday or Friday, then Rain on Saturday and Sunday, Then sunny and nice again on Monday.

ARRGGGHHHH!!!

Darrington-wet

Squamish-Wet

North Bend-Wet

The always dry fallback Leavenworth.....WET

Any ideas from anyone as to where I can go that I will not be washed off the rock?

I know that the weather changes here so often I should just wait for a few hours and check again, but it does not look good.

frown.gif

Maybe I'll practice ascending up to my ceiling fan and back down...

mike

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yakima is rainy

Vantage is Rainy

Well Redmond shows 72 and partly cloudy....hmmmm So maybe Smith is the way to go. But the drive from Everett will kill me.

Maybe a carpool?

Still must discuss with wife, but please tell me if you are interested in a day or two at Smith this fine weekend.

mike "flailing blindly" reddig

Grab your skis and go high this weekend, snow level 7000 ft, that means late July freshies up on the Muir Snowfield, Russell glacier, assorted spots up by Baker and Rainier. Hang up the rope and shoes for a weekend and grab the boards, this is a gift take advantage of it!

Weather might be OK on the east slope... I often get lucky in Leavenworth or Vantage with this kind of forecast. If you don't want to drive to Smith, you might check out Skaha... it's not the most stimulating climbing around, but a little closer to Seattle & less obnoxious a scene, and can be dry when it's wet everywhere else.