The new Star Trek movie

Off_White

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i looked - i'm clearly a sucker for the hooker w/ a heart of gold, b/c how many times have i gone back to the star trek films, knowing the last one was the worst piece of shit ever, only to see, no, in fact, they could do a worse job.

star trek V - wtf? how can you start w/ super awesome free-soloing of el capitan and then downshift into absolute, mindboggingly bad horseshit?

on a side note, free soloing int he age of star trek will rock - all you need is the cool com-badge insignia and you can beam out of your 500 foot fall b4 death! wtf was the deal w/ spock's rocket-boot save of kirk in the aforementioned shite-flick?

Careful Ivan. There is no such thing as a bad Star Trek movie.

I am very much looking forward to this movie....I am just scared they are going to mess it up jar jar binks style. Jar jar binks was the worst character ever put into a movie…….

The guy playing Kirk does not ever talk like him…..mmmmmm?

Oh, make no mistake, I'm planning on checking out the new flick some rainy day soon. I recall bemoaning the fact that the original series was on at 10:00 and I couldn't convince my parents to let me stay up and watch. It's just that when I saw that vid, I immediately thought of Sobo. :laf:

Skinny people climbing by-the-dots? I suppose so, they look good. But, handed a rack and pointed at a runout Trovolsian 5.8880-23r in 0.8 gravity, nine out of ten of them would hyperventilate all their O2 before one boot left the surface.

Every one of the Star Trek movies blew planet-killer sized chunks right at the camera. They were entertaining only for their amazing stupidity.

whatevuuu - star trek II :rawk: ed - for some inexplicable reason my folks sent me to see it, alone, in the theater at the tender age of 8 or so - the ear-wig scene alone probably cost them 10,000$ in therapy bills :)

I always got a kick out the sets in the original series; you gotta have balls to act as if "Cap'n, she's goin' doon!!" while sitting at the control panel of the Enterprise, wiggling a couple of ice cream scoop handles and gaping at your "yaw indicator" which is a couple of trailer lights under a spray-painted cheese grater. They didn't pay those guys near enough.

:D:rolleyes:

I always got a kick out the sets in the original series; you gotta have balls to act as if "Cap'n, she's goin' doon!!" while sitting at the control panel of the Enterprise, wiggling a couple of ice cream scoop handles and gaping at your "yaw indicator" which is a couple of trailer lights under a spray-painted cheese grater. They didn't pay those guys near enough.

:D:rolleyes:

captain-james-t-kirk-awesome1-1.jpg

Betcha five dollars Sobo looks at this thread!

Well, no shit, Off, when you put a title on it like that.

How can I pass up a thread with Star Trek in the title, eh? :)

And then I see this l00zr trying to moonwalk, I almost had to pukeface.gif

Fuq'n dipshit can't backfloat worth a shit, that's fer sure. The guy's foot positioning and movement is totally opposite what it should be. Correct foot technique: Raise one heel and stand on toes, "float" the other foot in a backwards direction while maintaining the foot flat on the floor. Reverse foot positioning quickly and smoothly. Repeat. It's as easy as pulling down a little boyz pants.

And ST2 was the most awesomenest ST flik evuh! Followed closely by #6, with a much younger Kim Catrall as the Vulcan hottie Lt. Valeris.

Re the new movie... yah, I'll go see it, but I won't be first in line. Might go on a rainy day sometime next month. First run flix ain't my cup o' tea anymore.