Undesirables hanging out at Stone Gardens

SemoreJugs

I have had a few run-ins lately here with some punk-asses... here's one example. DO others care to share their stories???

I arrived at stone gardens on a Wednesday evening. I realized I didn't have my chalk bag in my pack. I figured I left it at home. Oh well, it will be a low friction day, I figure... I was at the gym two days prior with chalk bag.

Then I decide to do some bouldering. There is this guy with black curly hair, about 5'10" and medium build. Like an ugly, taller Fred Savage. Anyway, he is hogging up the curved overhanging wall when there are 4 other people waiting to climb. You know the type of guy, he does about two moves, falls, then stands 2 feet in front of the wall just kind of looking at it. about a minute goes by, he gets back on, flails, and repeats.

So I'm already aggravated, finally, he gets out of the damned way and goes to chalk up. I notice that he has a chalk bag that looks just like mine. In fact, it has a belt with a specific pattern that did not come with the chalk bag. Its my FREAKING bag.

I can't believe this douche nozzle is defiling my chalk bag! I immediately go up to him and ask, "Did you find this chalk bag?"

He is stunned. He can see the thirst for vengeance in my eyes. "Uhhhhh, I found it in the lost and found in the "old" pile"

ME: "That doesn't make sense, because I last used my bag two days ago."

DN: "Oh well, I lost my bag, I didnt see it in the lost and found, so I took this one."

ME: death stare

DN: "here"

So I get my bag back, and he leaves the area...

LAter, as I am packing up to leave (making sure I have all my possesions), I see douchenozzle walking up the stairs to the lost and found with an employee presumably poaching more lost items. WTF?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had a few run-ins lately here with some punk-asses... here's one example. DO others care to share their stories??? I arrived at stone gardens on a Wednesday evening. I realized I didn't have my chalk bag in my pack. I figured I left it at home. Oh well, it will be a low friction day, I figure... I was at the gym two days prior with chalk bag. Then I decide to do some bouldering. There is this guy with black curly hair, about 5'10" and medium build. Like an ugly, taller Fred Savage. Anyway, he is hogging up the curved overhanging wall when there are 4 other people waiting to climb. You know the type of guy, he does about two moves, falls, then stands 2 feet in front of the wall just kind of looking at it. about a minute goes by, he gets back on, flails, and repeats. So I'm already aggravated, finally, he gets out of the damned way and goes to chalk up. I notice that he has a chalk bag that looks just like mine. In fact, it has a belt with a specific pattern that did not come with the chalk bag. Its my FREAKING bag. I can't believe this douche nozzle is defiling my chalk bag! I immediately go up to him and ask, "Did you find this chalk bag?" He is stunned. He can see the thirst for vengeance in my eyes. "Uhhhhh, I found it in the lost and found in the "old" pile" ME: "That doesn't make sense, because I last used my bag two days ago." DN: "Oh well, I lost my bag, I didnt see it in the lost and found, so I took this one."

So I get my bag back, and he leaves the area... LAter, as I am packing up to leave (making sure I have all my possesions), I see douchenozzle walking up the stairs to the lost and found with an employee presumably poaching more lost items. WTF?

"See More Jugs"....heh heh. Maybe the CC.com user "Richard Noggin" will post next.

I think "borrowing" used chalkbags at a gym is generally OK. I've never lost/forgotten mine, but if I did, I suppose using a lost'n'found bag would be reasonable for a SG trip. If I forgot mine at the gym and saw someone using it on my next visit... while awkward I think I'd let them know it was mine, but it doesn't seem like an offense of an undesirable. The dutch don't mind sharing bikes which arguably get more intimate... I don't see why we can't be more open.

Maybe we could start a SG chalk bag swap... I'm bored of mine.

I can honestly say I am not surprised. Its the gym, what do you expect? When there I just try to ignore the blatant Douche-baggery that plagues most climbing gyms, its just a fact of climbing indoors.

I have to say that the wall hogging is by far more frustrating than bag stealing. Correct me if i am wrong, but didn't you accidentally leave your bag there in order for him to have pilfered it from the lost and found?

Either way, glad to hear you got it back.

You did the right thing in confronting the Douche.

It's a climbing gym...this happens at every one of them. The air is so thick with chalk, testosterone, idiocracy and newb-ocity that it's nearly impossible to breathe.

My favorite gym climbing memory came when Steve House was bouldering at the Alaska Rock Gym last year. I saw some shirtless 13-year-old instructing him as to where to put his feet while he was on some crazy V6/7 in the cave.

Edited by Kraken

I have had a few run-ins lately here with some punk-asses... here's one example. DO others care to share their stories???

I arrived at stone gardens on a Wednesday evening. I realized I didn't have my chalk bag in my pack. I figured I left it at home. Oh well, it will be a low friction day, I figure... I was at the gym two days prior with chalk bag.

Then I decide to do some bouldering. There is this guy with black curly hair, about 5'10" and medium build. Like an ugly, taller Fred Savage. Anyway, he is hogging up the curved overhanging wall when there are 4 other people waiting to climb. You know the type of guy, he does about two moves, falls, then stands 2 feet in front of the wall just kind of looking at it. about a minute goes by, he gets back on, flails, and repeats.

So I'm already aggravated, finally, he gets out of the damned way and goes to chalk up. I notice that he has a chalk bag that looks just like mine. In fact, it has a belt with a specific pattern that did not come with the chalk bag. Its my FREAKING bag.

I can't believe this douche nozzle is defiling my chalk bag! I immediately go up to him and ask, "Did you find this chalk bag?"

He is stunned. He can see the thirst for vengeance in my eyes. "Uhhhhh, I found it in the lost and found in the "old" pile"

ME: "That doesn't make sense, because I last used my bag two days ago."

DN: "Oh well, I lost my bag, I didnt see it in the lost and found, so I took this one."

So I get my bag back, and he leaves the area...

LAter, as I am packing up to leave (making sure I have all my possesions), I see douchenozzle walking up the stairs to the lost and found with an employee presumably poaching more lost items. WTF?

damn, I'm sorry man. didn't realize it was such a big deal.

I think "borrowing" used chalkbags at a gym is generally OK. I've never lost/forgotten mine, but if I did, I suppose using a lost'n'found bag would be reasonable for a SG trip. If I forgot mine at the gym and saw someone using it on my next visit... while awkward I think I'd let them know it was mine, but it doesn't seem like an offense of an undesirable. The dutch don't mind sharing bikes which arguably get more intimate... I don't see why we can't be more open.

So, I left my chalkbag at SG last Wednesday! Talk about douche bag. It's the big green one with chile peppers all over it. If I see you with it, I will tell you to keep it an love it... I obviously don't.