Pictures of Whippers

Stewart

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kev, you are certainly free to keep using the word inappropriately.

Don’t you mean different than you? It is very subjective…….

It also, implies you are responsible for the route's existence

Uh….if it wasn’t for the “human” you would not be climbing this particular rock in question would you? Cleaning is a huge part of setting up a route.

Yes, I did place my first protection bolt last year and the day you lead it I'll be the first to call it a sport climb. Until then it's still a technical and spicy trad lead.

I was told (I know its hearsay) that you top roped tunnel vision (a bolted roof). That my friend is sport climbing.

Joseph the sport climber……say it an’t so.

Ofcourse nature trundles and cleans moss and dirt, this is called weathering. It also should be the deciding factor in where bolts go and if they're even needed. Nature often decides the names as well, think Royal Arches, the Nose.

Very good points Geoff. If we all waited until nature cleaned, and trundled out at beacon.....none of us would ever climb the routes the route setters established.

No, the draw, Kevin. I think they were already there before I attempted the climb? Wasn't this route 5.12?

Yes the draws are and have been hanging on The Crumbling since the FA. The grade in the guide book is 5.12a.

Thanks for clarifying. You have such a great memory. Couldnt recall if I had placed that draw or how far I got on subject route or how big a fall >insert photo< it was.

PS - dont forget you owe some baby pictures. :)

I know, I needed to post my reply up there with a wink. Actually, it got me to thinking of how kick assed Jason is as a photog. That pic of you on the shield wall out there that was used for the poster was nothing short of breathtaking. :rocken: I think the river is even blue! I saw that and was all like "Where the hell is that" :lmao:

:wave:

This picture was taken from Chaos looking east to masterpiece theater. Not the shield wall. FYI.

Yes....and what a great shot. I like the rope she is pulling up. If her left hand came off.....she would cartwheel in a bad way.....

Jen_on_MPT.jpg

Photo by Jason Kohler

someone named a route "chaos" out at ozone? how chaotic could a 100ft cliff get?

how did this turn into spray so quick?

Tortured language use. You'd think a talented note setter and lefty like Kev would know a big part of the problem with the Bush administration was its sloppy use of language. Then again, I suppose someone has to be the route decider or we'd never get off the ground.

How bout this Kev, just so we get this settled.

You and i meet somewhere, we toe off. Gloves if you want but i prefer bare fists. If i don't get up, then i'll leave it alone and you can spray all you want.

If you don't get up you stay off this site forever. Sounds like a joke but those who know me here know i'm serious. Just you and me.

save me from your bullshit, it's a yes or no question.

JL

You and i meet somewhere, we toe off. Gloves if you want but i prefer bare fists. If i don't get up, then i'll leave it alone and you can spray all you want. If you don't get up you stay off this site forever. Sounds like a joke but those who know me here know i'm serious. Just you and me. save me from your bullshit, it's a yes or no question.

JL

There's no reason for Kevin to fight anyone. (or to ban Jlaq either Ivan as he's just offering) What would that prove anyway. I was reflecting the other day when I was getting riled by another poster that in many ways, Kevin is a better person than I - as he never gets angry and want to fight or even upset when he's flamed. He just smiles and goes on. He's a lover not a fighter, and if you were ever fortunate to get out with him, you'd probably be amazed how encyclopedic his memory of each hold and piece is. I am anyway.

Peace to all of you :wave:

Bill

ps this argument and flamefest is about to move on as I just posted the definitive best rubber, per scientific testing on another thread. I suspect that will turn into fisticuffs within 10 pages of flames. :lmao:

Edited by billcoe

You and i meet somewhere, we toe off. Gloves if you want but i prefer bare fists. If i don't get up, then i'll leave it alone and you can spray all you want.

If you don't get up you stay off this site forever. Sounds like a joke but those who know me here know i'm serious. Just you and me.

save me from your bullshit, it's a yes or no question.

JL

smiliegojerkit.gif