Favorite quote:

dirtysloper

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently I drank a good chunk of someones expensive bottle of tequila not long after telling my friends why I don't drink the stuff, and then narrowly missed walking over a bunch of people in bivy sacks on the way back to our site. I woke up half in my sleeping bag with no idea why I was in the middle of the desert. No one seems to question that kind of thing there. The only place that I've been more sloppy is in the Squamish campground after a few days of steady rain in the summer.

from the Eiger Sanction, love Anderl Meiers last line, said with a faint Germanic accent:

"Anderl Meier: You're very good. I have really enjoyed climbing with you.

Dr. Jonathan Hemlock: We'll make it.

Anderl Meier: I don't think so. But we shall continue with style. "

from the Eiger Sanction, love Anderl Meiers last line, said with a faint Germanic accent:

A second on this as my favorite climbing quote from a movie.

For climbing literature: "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from surviving bad judgment."

From personal experience: This needs a set-up. Both of my kids (6 yo boy, 4 yo girl) are adopted from Vietnam and China, respectively. This costs several thousands of dollars to do, and there's not much in the way of "receipts" for sums paid along the way. At home one day last year or so, my son was becoming increasingly irritated with his little sister, who had been baiting him mercilessly for the better part of a couple hours...

At his wits' end, he asks me, "Daddy, can we just take Elaina back to China?"

Me: "Well, you know we can't do that, son."

Son: "Is it because we don't have the receipt?"

:P

"Attention, your bacon is now raw, because fully-cooked bacon lacks the inherent risks associated with our Vision of Bacon."

"Ad Rem Adsum"

"The most common form of terrorism in the USA is that carried on by bulldozers and chainsaws.

It is not enought to understand the natural world; the point is to defend and preserve it.

Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul."

A second on this as my favorite climbing quote from a movie.

For climbing literature: "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from surviving bad judgment."

From personal experience: This needs a set-up. Both of my kids (6 yo boy, 4 yo girl) are adopted from Vietnam and China, respectively. This costs several thousands of dollars to do, and there's not much in the way of "receipts" for sums paid along the way. At home one day last year or so, my son was becoming increasingly irritated with his little sister, who had been baiting him mercilessly for the better part of a couple hours...

Sobo, my sister Ruby was adopted from China last Feb.

That is great. Thanks for the laugh.

Man, that's a story I highly encourage anyone at a campfire with Ivan ask for....whew! Glad you're with us:-0

OK, new contender for Fav quote (because it so fresh and I can't remember anything Honest Abe ever said)

...I spasm my back getting out of my tights in the bathroom - there is no god, only demons who punish sloth and laziness..
:lmao:

On Touchstone wall:

My buddy and I were testing out a new full set of big wall gear--ledge and all. We camped one pitch off the ground(ya, I know: big adventure).

It was dark. Some young buck showed up suddenly and asked if he could rap off our rope. It was late and we were already set up for the night. He was on his own and obviously needed to get down. I said, "sure" and he started rapping. I assumed he was going off a line that lead down to the ground since we were so close.

But, it didn't feel right by the way the portaledge was moving; so I looked at my partner and asked him, "is this kid rapping off our haul line?"

My buddy says, "I am afraid so"

I said, "But that doesn't reach the ground".

He looks at me, straight in the face and says with a totally straight face, "I know".

That is a quote I won't forget.

Nothing climbing related comes to mind (at work suffering from brain drain and all...) but I'll offer up this off-colour offering anyhooo;

"I ski my 192s almost all the time. It's sort of like masturbation: there's times when it's probably inappropriate, but I do it anyway because it's so much fun"

Twoplanker, a TGR forum dude