CAGE MATCH--FAIRYWEATHER VS. FATTRASH

RuMR

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not having read this entire thread, I feel comfortable in stating that if I took the entire thing and submitted it to incalculable pressure, it would still be turd rather than a diamond.

Any dissenters?

Not at all Doug, in fact, if you applied enough pressure to the turd you might even create diarrhea. Please advise if you are going to try that though, as I want to be elsewhere when it happens.

Norm, being a diver, you might enjoy this book. I sure as hell did.

Shadowdivers.jpg

yup that is a good one alright!!

I Read the reviews and one suggested reading "THE LAST DIVE" for there related,so i got both Hardbacks on EBAY for less then $10.

23_8.jpg

Edited by pc313

Yes, that father/son dual death of the Rouses was a tradegy. It didn't take up a lot of text in Shadow Divers, I think only about 8-10 pages or so.

I may have to get The Last Dive as well. Let me know how you liked it (or not).

If, after you've read Shadow Divers, and you find that you like Kurson's writing style, then read Crashing Through as well. It's about a blind man who was given the gift of sight at middle age. Gives new meaning to the phrase, "Careful what you ask for"...

Kurson's website

I got to read the frist 4 pages on line and got cut off,left me hanging!

So i had to buy it and Shadow Dives.

"IN TO THIN AIR" and "THE CLIMB" are two books should be read in that order,I thought John Krakauer writing was great but he was just as much to blame in the out come in 96,And Anatoli Boukreev was a hero,not a out for his self solo climber witch was Krakauers style,John's whole thing was only the best of best should climb,and money shouldn't qualify you to be on the summit.

"IN TO THIN AIR" and "THE CLIMB" are two books should be read in that order,I thought John Krakauer writing was great but he was just as much to blame in the out come in 96,And Anatoli Boukreev was a hero,not a out for his self solo climber witch was Krakauers style,John's whole thing was only the best of best should climb,and money shouldn't qualify you to be on the summit.

I read them both in that same order, and I concur with what you're saying. I thought JK was an ass for his characterization of AB and his opinions in general. I thought AB was the consummate hero, along with a couple of Sherpas, too.

i'm so there if that happens

i'll could offer up my impartial belay services

Its a nice day ,why are you not climbing? or did you go to back work?

I'm heading for the Adams.

sort of working the next couple of days...its complicated...

i'm hoping to climb all next week though :)