Repurposing old Nalgene bottles?

marylou

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vases

planters

run them through the dishwasher and give them to your enemies (not that you have any ;) )

Light them with LED's for ornaments

paint storage

Fill with sand and make a bola

poop tube

mooring floats

displace water in the toilet tank to reduce Gallons/flush

get some sodium and make primitive grenades

pipe bombs for that matter

Piss bottle

What Rob said. However, the liter bottle is probably overkill, unless you have a huge bladder. I find that a 16 oz Nalgene is the perfect size to drain my bladder while remaining in the tent after a night of heavy drinking. Witness the most recent Rope-Up.

Make sure you ID the bottle some way. I have a "jolly roger" label on my piss bottle to make sure I don't accidentally use it as a drinking bottle.

And also what hafilax said about displacing water in the toilet tank to reduce the flush volume. Fill with water one time and sink them in the tank. Waaaaaaaaaaay better than bricks, cuz the bricks eventually break down and may discolor the shitter.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

OLD Nalgenes are fine. The so called toxins are completely released after two years with regular use and exposure to UV rays.

Source?

Err.... The FDA. Also think back to when this issue first came around; what just came out? Sigg. Also, if BPA did do anything bad, you would already be screwed so stopping use wouldn't actually help any.