Mountain Hardware?

Jens

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well some guide services get discounts on items used for rentals. While I have not been a part of the office environment for a guide service, it would not surprise me if some services got free gear for their rental department. Mainly services like exum. While not "sponsored", it is a financial factor to push a guide service to go with a product. Besides, the clients,sherpas and guides have to carry the heavy gear anyway.

I have a jaded idea on NF but it is mainly the clothes. There ve tents are very good tents. While MH tents are also sturdy, they are heavier than the sort of heavy NF tents due to so many "bells and whistles". IMO, MH would make great tents if they got rid of the extra crap. Old wild country tents (terra nova) was the best tents distributed here but that is gone by the way side like grivel.

While MH tents are also sturdy, they are heavier than the sort of heavy NF tents due to so many "bells and whistles". IMO, MH would make great tents if they got rid of the extra crap.

Mountain Hardwear makes one of the lightest (if not THE lightest) 2-man tents on the market. Its about as void of "bells and whistles" as a tent could possibly be.

But if you were above tree line in a badass winter storm, would you be OK in one?

i wouldn't want to be above treeline in a badass storm in any tent unless it was well dug in

Little chance of this happening anyway as you appear to spend @ 99.9 percent of your time next to a computer:-) :lmao:

:wave:

When you ask about "bad ass winter storm", do you mean high winds or many feet of fresh snow? Let us assume you mean winds, in which case the buried in camp is a absolute requirement, regardless of tent type or design. A protected summer tent will fare better than a exposed "4 season" tent.