Guns in the Wilderness

KaskadskyjKozak

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did an experiment and paced out 120 yds. from my front porch, I live on a steep hill that put it at one of my neighbors garage. At that distance not only can I distinguish the species of animal I can also identify a person both by their appearance but also pace. I can tell whose dog it is as well as whether it is a dog cat coyote or bear all of which I have seen from here. This is without binoculars or a scope of any kind. I am not some eagle eye either just a middle aged guy with glasses. You do not have to take my word go to a football field and see for yourself.

If you can distinguish your target enough for a kill shot, you certainly can distinguish what it is.

Fry the little fuckers.

Who's to say that it wasn't a "mistake". Maybe they did it for "fun" and just claimed they thought she was a bear.

I just don't see how you can mistake a hiker for a bear.

Have you hunted, KK^5? If not, you are talking out of your ass...

Its easy to mistake stuff, plus, they were young...

Honest mistake by them, one that will haunt them to their end. The hiker should have been wearing highly visible clothes...hell, her kid even mentioned it...

Plus, according to the report, she was bent over...not normally an outline associated with a human walking...

Have you hunted, KK^5? If not, you are talking out of your ass...

Its easy to mistake stuff, plus, they were young...

Honest mistake by them, one that will haunt them to their end. The hiker should have been wearing highly visible clothes...hell, her kid even mentioned it...

Plus, according to the report, she was bent over...not normally an outline associated with a human walking...

have you been on the Sauk Mtn trail, RuMR? If not, you're talking out of your ass.

I've been there with my family, including kids. You drive a long winding road up to a huge f-ing flat areas with plenty of parking spots. Last time I was there there was a tour bus there with hikers in it, and buttloads of people hang-gliding off the parking area. The trail switchbacks on an open slope for 1000+ feet. Only a moron would hunt there.

I did an experiment and paced out 120 yds. from my front porch, I live on a steep hill that put it at one of my neighbors garage. At that distance not only can I distinguish the species of animal I can also identify a person both by their appearance but also pace. I can tell whose dog it is as well as whether it is a dog cat coyote or bear all of which I have seen from here. This is without binoculars or a scope of any kind. I am not some eagle eye either just a middle aged guy with glasses. You do not have to take my word go to a football field and see for yourself.

If you can distinguish your target enough for a kill shot, you certainly can distinguish what it is.

Fry the little fuckers.

Who's to say that it wasn't a "mistake". Maybe they did it for "fun" and just claimed they thought she was a bear.

You are very, very stupid.

Fry the little fuckers.

You are very, very stupid.

I'm smart enough not to shoot a hiker - esp. not on a crowded, popular hiking trail.

How do you know? Are you a hunter? Are you a 14-year-old hunter? You don't know fuck all. Keep sitting on your brain, in front of your computer, postulating about how you would never do wrong. Stupid fuck.

I know the fucking trail where this occurred you moron.

This weekend I was in the Olympics. I saw a lot of hikers and one bear. Yes, I could tell the difference. And the distance was at least 100 yards.

I have family members who hunt (including as teenagers), in semi-rural woods near other people. They've shot a lot of deer and rabbit, but never a human.

Now go lick sack.

How do you know? Are you a hunter? Are you a 14-year-old hunter? You don't know fuck all. Keep sitting on your brain, in front of your computer, postulating about how you would never do wrong. Stupid fuck.

I know the fucking trail where this occurred you moron.

This weekend I was in the Olympics. I saw a lot of hikers and one bear. Yes, I could tell the difference. And the distance was at least 100 yards.

I have family members who hunt (including as teenagers), in semi-rural woods near other people. They've shot a lot of deer and rabbit, but never a human.

Now go lick sack.

There are a huge amount of variable. If you weren't there, you don't know what happened. The kid fucked up; granted. You cannot say with certainty that you wouldn't have made the same mistake if you were not there. Sorry.

Oh, well, holy fucking shit! Get back. You failed to mention that you have FAMILY MEMBERS WHO HUNT. That makes all the difference in the world! Sheesh, the wealth of knowledge you are adjacent to definitely makes you an expert! Wow, let's all bow down to Kaskad-douchebag's uncle's neice's third son's sea of hunting experience.

You don't know shit, monkeynuts. Go back to sexually harassing kevbone; that's the only thing you are good at.

Oh, well, holy fucking shit! Get back. You failed to mention that you have FAMILY MEMBERS WHO HUNT. That makes all the difference in the world! Sheesh, the wealth of knowledge you are adjacent to definitely makes you an expert! Wow, let's all bow down to Kaskad-douchebag's uncle's neice's third son's sea of hunting experience.

You don't know shit, monkeynuts. Go back to sexually harassing kevbone; that's the only thing you are good at.

FOAD, you little b-scratch.