Nickel and Dime to Death

KaskadskyjKozak

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sure did for my fucking light rail!!!! :anger:

Scott, it's the thought the counts! We need light rail. So if we talk about it, and raise taxes, and attack Republicans, why, that's all that matters! Don't ask for RESULTS and don't dare question how the money (YOUR money) is spent, and the project (mis)managed.

I forget what the fee was, but I remember driving across 520 with my folks and them paying a toll. The toll was there to pay for the bridge. It's really not too surprising that paying for a new bridge means a new toll. Hell there were tolls to drive across I-90 a long long time ago.

Couple that with the trend in Europe and the Eastern US it ain't too surprising that there's talk of tolls on a new bridge.

Just wait in 15 years it'll cost you a fee to drive to Snoqualmie Pass.

A quick search found this arlicle in the PI

The effort grew out of a proposal to build a third city dump in Georgetown. Residents and businesses in the south Seattle neighborhood raised a stink over the idea. So the City Council commissioned a five-month study by an independent consultant to review Seattle's refuse.

It didn't specifically say whether a new transfer station would be needed if trash volumes shrank, but it did provide strategies and estimated costs for reducing waste -- including scrapping plastic shopping bags and foam containers.

There are different ideas about how those reductions might look, and the City Council likely won't make a decision on the strategy and transfer station until July. There's the possibility of outright bans of the bags and containers. Or shoppers could pay a premium for using plastic -- or even paper -- bags. Foam makers could be required to take back their products for disposal or recycling.

Other governments already have restrictions on these items.

Portland outlawed foam to-go containers nearly 20 years ago. McDonald's voluntarily began phasing out its use of foam burger boxes in 1991.

In April, San Francisco approved a ban on plastic bags at the checkout stands of large groceries and pharmacies. Before the new rules passed, city leaders gave out 1,000 free canvas shopping bags.

IKEA started charging 5 cents for plastic bags at its furniture and housewares stores earlier this year.

The Seattle Monorail project collected $200 million dollars in taxes and spent it all. They ran up a further $110 million dollars in debt which I believe we are still paying for.

We have NOTHING to show for it.

This is shameful.

Proof absolute that Seattle is full of waffling idiots.

well it was the yin and both yang the contributed. they obviously aren't the committed lefties that yall rail about all the time! though those that did waffle and cost us first the approval and then the removal ARE truly idiots ;) we need more committed people here...or perhaps its just that we need more people committed.

that doesn't sound that communist to me. good commies know that that greater good is served by their proletariat struggles. so they must all be bad commies in Seattle, and not the good kind?

or perhaps it is just that with politics aside all of Seattle is populated by assholes?

that doesn't sound that communist to me. good commies know that that greater good is served by their proletariat struggles. so they must all be bad commies in Seattle, and not the good kind?

or perhaps it is just that with politics aside all of Seattle is populated by assholes?

good commies kick the bourgeousie capitalist pigs out of their McMansions, then force them to work on the monorail project as slave laborers, then take any survivors out to the woods and put a bullet in their heads.