Child abuse

kevbone

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was more Kev's dogmatic approach that no matter what, corporal punishment is wrong...well, that's his view, but its not mine...

I never said it was wrong.....just that I would not do it.

When you call a spanking a beating you are automatically insinuating it is wrong. Even worse, those that do use spankings in an appropriate manner are insulted by you, in essence, calling us child abusers IYO.

God's honest facts Kev. You have no idea.

You are right. I have no idea. Remember I have a child that wakes up every 2-4 hours. I dont get alot of sleep either

Just beat the hell out of him and give him a few shots of 101 and he'll sleep all night for ya... maybe a bong hit or two to make sure he is nice and calm.

First off I'm not a parent (to the best of my knoledge).

I used to occasionally get spanked by my dad when I was young. This happened after I had done something that I shouldn't have done. The main point is that this was a rare event, and usually this happened after my parents explained to me what I had done wrong. It was always a last resort kind of thing. On other occasions me doing something bad might lead to the punishment of, "go sit in your room till I tell you to come out," or, "go outside and play right now."

The main point is kids need to learn that actions lead to reactions from others. It's a valuable bit of knowledge that you can use when interacting with strangers in the outside world.

I'm totally down with the concept of not beating your kid, but spanking is ok occasionally especially when an adult explains what you did wrong and then says, "I'm doing this because you refused to listen to me when I said...."

Also in Jr High art class the teacher had a paddle hanging on the wall. He'd tell the class, "get out of line and face the paddle." We all though it was pretty funny, and occasionally he'd use it.

You are right. I have no idea. Remember I have a child that wakes up every 2-4 hours. I dont get alot of sleep either

Well, doesn't sound like you are really up to the point of having to make the hard decisions yet. New parents are always idealistic like this, and they always grow out of it.

Many, in fact most, things you can reason with your child about, and let them figure out for themselves the consequences of mistakes or transgression.

You will, or should, carefully pick a few nono's that are strictly conditioned into their behavior, by you.

For example, children have a very poor sense of empathy. Sibling rivalry can spring up regardless of your best intentions. The first time you see your 2 year old try to brain your new infant with a Tonka truck, I strongly recommend a firm, decisive approach to conditioning that behavior out of your child.

When you call a spanking a beating you are automatically insinuating it is wrong.

No....you are speculating as what I meant.

those that do use spankings in an appropriate manner

No such thing.

are insulted by you

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

when you say "no such thing" to spankings used in an appropriate manner, you are saying they are inappropriate. The definition of "inappropriate" is "wrong". Hence you just said that spankings are inappropriate or wrong.

Dumbass...

when you say "no such thing" to spankings used in an appropriate manner, you are saying they are inappropriate. The definition of "inappropriate" is "wrong". Hence you just said that spankings are inappropriate or wrong.

:cry: :cry:

Inapropriate means not appropriate or unsuitable

Give it a rest why dont ya.....

Its ok. We all know you are a judgemental prick.

You may know a lot of things, but you don't know shit about Kevin if thats how you genuinely feel. Kevins a pretty good dude. Not perfect, just a nice person.

I've heard that from others who know him too.

Its ok. We all know you are a judgemental prick.

You may know a lot of things, but you don't know shit about Kevin if thats how you genuinely feel. Kevins a pretty good dude. Not perfect, just a nice person.

I've heard that from others who know him too.

Well, nice to whom? Those who agree with him; who share the same ideologies? That doesn't make you a good person anymore than it makes Didier a good father.