• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
billcoe

Friday AM weight in

7/03/08 166

6/27/08 164

6/20/08 167

7/18/08 164

7/25/08 164

8/01/08 163

8/8/08 163 , maybe time to quit eating McDonalds?

12/23/08 158 !! (back from Thailand where I promptly stop doing everything physical and start eating wrong again starting with a Big Mac Meal Supersized just outside of Tacoma 1st meal after the plane landed, and I quickly then feel sick to my stomach but it was sooooo good. Pretty sure I converted muscle weight back to fat weight in record time and got it back up to 163 # in short order.

1/16/09 -163

When I was climbing good, it was @ 25 years ago or so and was right @ 140 ....that was so long ago.

Goal:

To not post to this thread again.

Hey, we're all rootin for ya. You go dude!

1/16: 192

1/23: 188 (Just went big potty)

1/16: 192

1/23: 188 (Just went big potty)

JC - Hope you had a new copy of the Red Beckey book to keep you company! What's your goal?

Me - 131. Watch my bulging biceps grow :rolleyes:

Goal:

To not post to this thread again.

Hey, we're all rootin for ya. You go dude!

uhhhhhhh, John... she probably doesn't mind... :):wave:

I guess I said dude because, I was thinking that the post might be a snarky comment about what dorks we are for posting this info, and I tend to have a general stereotype image of the snotty sprayer (climberus sprayus) as being of male disposition.

For upstairs reading I've been reading an old book by a cartoonist named Bill Mauldin who did cartoons about GIs during WWII for Stars and Stripes, from the trench-foot sickness of the mountains of Sicily to the endless mud and rain in Europe, and the lack of a thousand other things we take for granted, like fresh coffee that's hot and sleeping horizontally. THAT was true suffering.

Goal: to not carry around so much damn fat anymore, my knees have given me notice. That may be 180 or lower, depending on musculature, BF, etc. I think exact numbers should be tentative goals. I'd like to do more rock this summer, so I don't want to get too bulky with weight training, but I'll never obsess about getting down to whippet-thin bouldering comp standards. I'm more of a peak-bagger.

I guess I said dude because, I was thinking that the post might be a snarky comment about what dorks we are for posting this info, and I tend to have a general stereotype image of the snotty sprayer (climberus sprayus) as being of male disposition.

Celarly, you don't know Archie. :) (Luv ya too, arch!) :kisss:

For upstairs reading I've been reading an old book by a cartoonist named Bill Mauldin who did cartoons about GIs during WWII for Stars and Stripes, from the trench-foot sickness of the mountains of Sicily to the endless mud and rain in Europe, and the lack of a thousand other things we take for granted, like fresh coffee that's hot and sleeping horizontally. THAT was true suffering.

I am quite familiar with Willie and Joe of Stars & Stripes fame, as I consider myself somewhat of a student of WWII.

For those not familiar with Bill Mauldin

Goal: to not carry around so much damn fat anymore, my knees have given me notice. That may be 180 or lower, depending on musculature, BF, etc. I think exact numbers should be tentative goals. I'd like to do more rock this summer, so I don't want to get too bulky with weight training, but I'll never obsess about getting down to whippet-thin bouldering comp standards. I'm more of a peak-bagger.

My goal is to keep just enough weight off to stay below 190, while still being able to enjoy my nightly beers and weekend wine imbibing sessions. So far so good. :brew:

It's been the worst suffering I've ever, uh, suffered, but I've pushed out all my beer dringin to one celebratory weekend 22-ozer while I cut the fat. I make sure it's high %, as in last night's Arrogant Bastard. I can't wait for weight-maintenance mode.

I'm holding my own this week at 190 (6'1"). My b-day is tomorrow so I’m figure I'm going to have to hit it hard next week to make up for the gluttony in my future... Right about the time I’m catching up in a month, my next batch of porter should be ready. I’ll reward myself 1 beer for every 10 miles I run... Maybe that way I can make it last.

:brew::brew::brew::brew::brew:

Awright I'll play cause maybe it will help motivate me.

5'8" - Goal 140 lbs.

1/30 - 148 lbs.

2/6 - 147 lbs.

Edited by Winter

Will you let a fat man play too?

Goal 195 by April 30

1/01- 220

2/06- 208

Will you let a fat man play too?

Goal 195 by April 30

1/01- 220

2/06- 208

The more the merrier!

I am up to 132lbs - hope it is muscle!

Ok so this thread is timely.

At my worksite the powers-to-be just started a "Biggest Loser" competition. Basic concept: see who can lose the most weight over a 10-week period.

Great idea eh?

Receipe in disaster as I see it ... promotes crash dieting and starvation.

But, since I'm the only one to enter so far, I am guaranteed to win the IPOD.

Yeee haww! :lmao:

2/08 - 86kg

2/10 - 84kg

2/12 - 85kg

Goal = 75 kg (or whatever it takes to win, dammit!!!)