Climbable rock in a neighborhood in Renton!

a-vibrant-soul

So, a friend tells me that climbable granite in Renton has been an urban legend on these boards off and on for quite some time. I didn't know this. Boy, aren't you all going to be excited! I signed up for an account just to share the news!

I have a friend who asked me to come evaluate a wall on this property he's putting on the market. I was thinking the whole way over there that it would be some crappy chossy short 8' wall that I'd have to shake my head and deny him the pleasure of being able to market. Lo and behold I get there and it's one of those 'i have a friend in this band' situations where you are all prepared for them to be this crappy garage band but when you get there, you LOVE THEM and wonder why the heck they're not signed yet! Yes, it was like that.

We're driving through a neighborhood past families out playing and bbq-ing, dads working on cars, etc., the whole while I'm getting more and more pessimistic that I'm just going to dissapoint these two agents who know nothing about climbing. We pull up in front of this tree covered lot on one side of the street and walk up a gravel drive (pretty white-ish grey gravel the size of baseballs mind you - always a promising sign....) and right there in front of me jumping out are solid climbable walls ranging in size, texture, color etc. up to about 60 feet. SURROUNDED by trees and vegitation, etc. You're basically hugged by this property. One minute you're in a neighborhood in Renton just 2 mintues from Walmart, freeways, etc., the next you're at the crag. My NON-climber friends want to build on this thing!!! This guy owns the property at the top of the cliff too! Both upper and lower have views of the valley & lake. It's AMAZING!!!

Now, I'd not share the news and just buy it myself had I the cash to do so. But he's looking to sell the whole thing (1.39 acres) for $499,950, but is also thinking of breaking it up into several parcels. I told him any climber who bought this would want the WHOLE THING! Build a big estate below with a nice yard, climbing walls in the back. Get up to the top and have a little bbq/party/studio up there for when you get to the top of the climb. Access by road to top & bottom. YEAH!

I already have some friends lined up to see this (and I just looked at it LAST NIGHT) but if you'd like to see it for yourself, do get in touch with me. Send me a message at avibrantsoul @ gmail.com. I'm not an agent, just trying to help a friend and keep some AMAZING ROCK in the community, not sold to some old rich dude who won't let climbers use it.

I'll be at Rockfest in Leavenworth this weekend (THANK YOU FEATHERED FRIENDS! LOVE YA!) with pictures on my camera and the flyer this guy gave me with details. Just ask around for Linda. I'm going to be taking a couple of girlfriends to the beginning climbing clinic at 10am on Saturday. See you there!?

Oh and he paid $3,000 to have the rock tested (by a geotech??? sorry i forget the lingo) who told him it's SOLID and BOLTABLE. He has the report if you want a copy.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh. Doubt it if you want. Somebody will see it, love it & take it. Even if there were only 2 good routes on the whole thing, I'd STILL want a house in close proximity to EVERYTHING that was surrounded by trees, vegitation and best of all rock cliffs! Come on. Seriously? It's perfect in my eyes anyway. Yes, I'm no expert, but it's gorgeous regardless. I posted. I kept my promise to my friend & am bowing back out of the potential spray fest. Have fun kids!

You have done well.

Please accept my humble apologies if I have hurt your feelings.

Most of us are not mean. It's ust that the "Renton Wall" has been the subject of numerous jokes.

Who knows. Maybe there are more Renton walls hiding out there?

Meh. Doubt it if you want...

You misunderstand me, Linda. I was :lmao: to Bug's comment about Jamin. You are, by admission, new here, and you don't know who Jamin is. If you come across him, steer clear. You could get hurt or killed by him and his "antics". All the best from me here, and I hope you close the deal to your advantage. :wave:

PS: Still would like to see pics. Just paste the URL for the flyer from your website to this thread. Use the far left toggle right above the text window you're in when you're crafting a reply.

There is definitely some rock in those pictures. Not the most inspiring thing i have ever seen but it might be kind of cool to have in your backyard.

We should buy it, i've got $50, do you know 9999 other people?

Edited by cman