little league

KaskadskyjKozak

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how only the coach's kid gets to pitch.

I remember my days in Little League. I started in center field, and ended up playing catcher after my first year for the remainder of my time in it. Coach said he wanted someone who always knew what was going on and where the next play was to be. His kid never pitched. He even made sure his kid was on another team. His name was Mr. Baskins. I never will forget him. He's probably dead by now. He reminds me of Danny Glover.

glover.jpg

I love how only the coach's kid gets to pitch.

I remember my days in Littel League. I started in center field, and ended up playing catcher after my first year for the remainder of my time in it. Coach said he wanted someone who always knew what was going on and where the next play was to be. His kid never pitched. He even made sure his kid was on another team. His name was Mr. Baskins. I never will forget him. He's probably dead by now. He reminds me of Danny Glover.

glover.jpg

I count a like watershed moment in Little League from a similarly encouraging and respected (by me) adult, except I pitched. This authoritive figure, descendant of a line from the Middle East, resembled a big Omar Sharif...w/o the mustache. And, no, I wasn't his son.

sjff_03_img1338.jpg

PITCHERS DO IT ON THE MOUND

• 1 month later...
NO b/c your kid isn't old enough yet. trust me you will find yourself attending all sorts of activities you have no interest in b/c your kid does

So true....but I will try to influence my children to a real sport like soccer....

I think climbing is the realest sport ever! Alot of other sports invole running around playing with your balls but climbers get to put their nuts in cracks and so on... hockey aint bad at all tho

NO b/c your kid isn't old enough yet. trust me you will find yourself attending all sorts of activities you have no interest in b/c your kid does

So true....but I will try to influence my children to a real sport like soccer....

Whatever dude. Baseball rules! Go Cubs!! :)

So during the 3rd inning of tonight's game my son, who had played 3rd and SS up until now, was told he was going to be a right fielder.

He looked up at his coach. "Where's right field?"

"Right where it's always been," his coach answered.

:lmao:

Was there a bat there?

Edited by Bug