ELF

StevenSeagal

Save the Environment?

What a bunch of fucking douchebags these people are. More fodder for talk radio pundits to lump in anyone with earnest concern for environmental policies with these whackos to kill any intelligent debate. Not to mention that four homes are gone, and the colossal destruction of resources (like WOOD from TREES) that just went up in smoke...oh yes, and all that black SMOKE that just got belched into our air.

What's next, "I know, let's go sink an Exxon oil tanker in the Gulf of Alaska, that'll teach them to pollute the environment!" :rolleyes:

Fucking hypocrites. They think they're Above the Law. Well...they're not!

:anger: :anger:

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having grown up in Woodinville and seen it been raped by developers, I'm not sorry to see this sort of thing happen. The forests, streams andd ponds I used to play in as a child are now home to huge suburban developments. I had a secret spot nobody knew about -- now there is a Jr. High there

Yeah, this is a dumb way to make their point, I know that. But -- I'm not sad to see more mcmansions go away.

It's too bad they didn't get the entire block.

Having grown up in Woodinville and seen it been raped by developers, I'm not sorry to see this sort of thing happen. The forests, streams andd ponds I used to play in as a child are now home to huge suburban developments. I had a secret spot nobody knew about -- now there is a Jr. High there

Yeah, this is a dumb way to make their point, I know that. But -- I'm not sad to see more mcmansions go away.

Yeah, right. They'll be gone forever.

You're not getting it- they won't be "going away", they will be back and thensome, only we now have four houses worth of resources flushed away in the process and some pollution to show for it.

And as for the future disappearance of more favorite secret spots and woods and what not...as I stated above, this will be used as even more fuel by anti-environmentalist, pro-growth, pro-industry groups, lobbyists, and talk radio propagandists as to why talk of conservation, planning, preservation should not be taken seriously.

I sympathize with the sentiment that the eastside has been overrun by development and poor planning and what once was is sadly gone now, but you're kidding yourself if you think there is anything helpful on any level by this act.

[ this will be used as even more fuel by anti-environmentalist, pro-growth, pro-industry groups, lobbyists, and talk radio propagandists as to why talk of conservation, planning, preservation should not be taken seriously.

yeah right. this'll lead to a new explosion of growth NATIONWIDE.

I didn't say an increase in growth; it just isn't going to slow down the sprawl. Do you really think that it will or something, like developers are just going to pack it up and go home now?

And am I wrong that O'Reilly, Limbaugh are going to use this as an example of "what these environmentalist-types are really like!"?

According to friends in the area not one of the 'Street of Dreams' houses were able to sell. Second or third tier real estate offices were now attempting to sell the units as the original tier one offices couldn't make any sales. My first thought was fraud when I heard about this.

And you live where.......do you not think where you live was once pristine?

Frankly, I think LA style sprawl sucks and should be stopped anywhere it occurs, but you folks in Washington have not just let it happen, you don't seem to give a rats ass and have encouraged it.

This is why we have land use and zoning laws, if you're so concerned get involved there. Don't say it's OK to build willy nilly every where and then go burn down the places afterwards.

Hey, I'm not saying it was an intelligent, or effective demonstration. And yeah, yeah, I know -- burning housing materials produce toxic fumes and that's bad.

I'm just saying I don't feel bad about it. So some mcmansions got burned down? Nobody lived in them? They were insured? Oh fucking well, who should i feel sorry for? The poor developers? Poor babies. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they set the damn fires themselves. Gotta pay for that new condo in Fiji, you know!

Guys on nwhikers.net are talking up the insurance scam part more than here. One guy claims only one house has had a bid and that was the only one not torched, plus reports that the company is in financial trouble. Whoever torched the houses is surely to be condemned, but maybe you guys oughta hold off for a little bit before blaming ELF (though ELF do seem to be missing a few screws). Sorry boys, but NWHikers.net is making us look bad on this one in terms of our usual forte (extreme speculation and rants).

Billcoe, King County has some fairly restrictive policies regarding land use. Lots of landowners up in arms about it. So I don't know who you're talking about in terms of us folks in Washington.

And blaming people for simultaneously encouraging and burning down is inane (hint: There are different opposing groups at play. Some are pro-development, others are against. Usually works that way. It is not one unified entity making contradictory statements.) Or are you accusing the Woodinville City Council of doing the torch job?

So your house is green?

No?

Burn the suckker to the ground then.

Arson is a total cop-out for weak-minded zealots who will find some other way to vent their anger even if their demands ARE met.

My house is purple. And no, it's not a 4,400 sqft mcmansion hastily erected in a rural community in an effort to squeeze more money out of a dying housing market at the expense of the environment and society.

burn it

It serves the same function as the larger homes, you should show your support for these wankers and burn your own house down Rob, put your money where your mouth is and let it start at your home. Clean up your own environment buddy.

Let us know what you feel afterwards, I'm curious.

BTW, the current penalties for charges of domestic terrorism is way over the top and harsh in my book.