ELF

StevenSeagal

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the population is increasing - births + IMMIGRATION. Are you opposed to population growth from these two factors and working against them? Also, as we extend our lifespan, we will have more people alive at the same time.

I don't understand the problem. Can't we all just get jobs on small farms?

edit: I guess not. Then how would we afford our ~5000 sqft homes? :crazy:

Edited by rob

the population is increasing - births + IMMIGRATION. Are you opposed to population growth from these two factors and working against them? Also, as we extend our lifespan, we will have more people alive at the same time.

I don't understand the problem. Can't we all just get jobs on small farms?

edit: I guess not. Then how would we afford our ~5000 sqft homes? :crazy:

You really think 4000+ sq ft homes are causing the urban sprawl in King and Snohomish counties? Try 1700-3000 sq ft homes.

No, I own a Toyota Sequoia and an Infiniti G35, but I'm thinking about trading in the Infiniti to get one of the new Audi R8s.

ugh. overweight show car. i guess that fits right in with your urban sprawl (although a TT might fit even better!).

Get an M3. Or at that price point, consider a porche 911. or the friggin nissan skyline gt-r. yeah it doesn't have the ostentation of the other imports, but yer not buying for the ostentation, right?

That's called progress.

maybe we should forciby evict people who live alone in large houses. old grandmas, single folks, etc. the government can pay them a "market price". then young families can take their homes to live in. the government can provide these profligate planet killers some fine high-density living somewhere in the urban center.

Sprawl is progress? How much more progress can we take before there isn't anyplace to plant food? Look around you. We are past a sustainable limit and the planet is showing signs of cutting us off.

Yes, sprawl = progress. It means more people with the money to live where they want, in their own home, with a little land. Everywhere you look, sprawl is associated with freedom and wealth.

As to running out of places to plant foor - you're kidding right? Have you ever flown across country? Look out the window. The whole country is nothing but woods and farmland, desert and mountain. People have hardly made a dent on the land in the US.

Did you know that if every single household in the US lived on a one acre parcel, that would leave 96% of the country untouched?

Could you possibly be as big a moron as this posting suggests?

Sprawl destroys the most precious and scarce type of land; agricultural. Contrary to your idiotic statement, there is not an overabundance of arable land, either in the US or the world in general. Arable land worldwide is dissappearing, primarily due to desertification, at a rate of over 7000 square miles per year. Futhermore, modern farming methods are stripping the top soil off of arable land, particularly in the U.S., at an unprecidented rate, and sending it and the phosphates that go with it into the oceans, where it destroys the fish population. Add to that that we are sucking our fossil aquifers, such as the Oglala aquifer beneath the great plains states, dry, and the drought/storm/erosion cycle of global warming, and the need to grow biofuels, and we've got one hell of a shortage of agricultural land. Sprawl, and presumably shitbags such as yourself who choose to contribute to it, is the number one environmental disaster facing this country at least.

All this in addition to the generally agreed upon fact that there's nothing uglier, less sustainable, and more environmentally damaging (perhaps, of soviet style concrete apartment blocks, at least for the first criterion) than American style sprawl.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Out of curiosity, do you drive a hummer?

No, I own a Toyota Sequoia and an Infiniti G35, but I'm thinking about trading in the Infiniti to get one of the new Audi R8s.

By the way, were you aware that the number of small farms in America is growing by 2% per year?

PLC-this is contrary to what i've heard and read. i'd love to know your source of info.

All joking aside, I want to be clarify something -- I'm a pacifist. I don't condone violence, and burning down private property is something I would not support. If I knew who did it, I would urge them to turn themselves in before I did it for them.

That said, I still don't feel any sympathy for the developers. So sue me. :wave:

All joking aside, I want to be clarify something -- I'm a pacifist. I don't condone violence, and burning down private property is something I would not support. If I knew who did it, I would urge them to turn themselves in before I did it for them.

Hmmm. Let's review your earlier comments:

"Having grown up in Woodinville and seen it been raped by developers, I'm not sorry to see this sort of thing happen.

I'm not sad to see more mcmansions go away.

It's too bad they didn't get the entire block."

I think you're being dishonest with yourself and everyone here. Time to own up.

were abolotionists terrorsts? was john brown?

You mean like when he and his sons hacked to death 5 fellow human beings in Pottawatomie, Kansas? Yes; I would say that made him a terrorist--which is why he was hung.

what if he would have used a smart bomb instead of hackery?

He did not posses the commission to act as he did. He was not appointed, elected, or assigned to act on anyone's behalf but his own. He can't even be described as a vigilante since those he killed had committed no crime.

ugh. overweight show car. i guess that fits right in with your urban sprawl (although a TT might fit even better!).

Get an M3. Or at that price point, consider a porche 911. or the friggin nissan skyline gt-r. yeah it doesn't have the ostentation of the other imports, but yer not buying for the ostentation, right?

Check out the Top Gear comparison of the Audi and the Porsche (you can find it on YouTube). They said the Audi is superior in almost every way. The 911 is a nice car and great fun to drive, but I like the looks of the Audi better, it gets better mileage, and it's easier to drive. I'm hoping that it will be cheaper to maintain, as well, which is the only reason I'm not going to get a V8 Vantage.

Regardless of if it is classified terrorism or not (I think thats way over the top), the main point Robert, is this:

You are walking away from the rule of law, and saying that this is OK for an individual to make a choice to arbritarily decide, because they are offended, to torch and destroy another's property because of any perceived real or imagined offense.

By accepting that this is OK, you are saying it is fine for any other another with some perceived real or imagined offense to arbitrarily torch your car. If it happens to spread to your home, well, thats probably offensive as well to that person for some similar reason so thats fine with you.

You understand, of course, that only rich folks like those in this country drive cars, and you are offending some random dickhead by owning a car, so if it's OK for the rule of any random dickhead to prevail over there and burn those homes down, then YOU are OK having a guy burn your car and house up some night.

Your insurance will cover it. All you homeowners car owners are rich.

That is the difference between us, you somehow think its OK to ruin a mans life who's been struggling to be a builder and build nice homes that are needed and wanted. Well, it also means that it's OK for that same dickhead to target you and yours next.

I find that abhorrent to me Rob, and it makes me sick, angry and against everything I know about truth and justice.

Just so you know - I hate urban sprawl, hate it. By way of backing up my words and thoughts, I have personally put more time and money into increasing density - in my backyard, not in another mans, than you could imagine.

BTW, in case anyone gives a rats ass what I drive, last car, Civic, got traded in on a CR-V as I needed the extra room to make deliveries for my company. It's been getting 23-28 MPG, less than the civic, which had 180,000 miles on it....and I still miss it.

My point is, lets see if you can cheer so lustily and so loudly when they come some night and burn up all your shit.

were abolotionists terrorsts? was john brown?

You mean like when he and his sons hacked to death 5 fellow human beings in Pottawatomie, Kansas? Yes; I would say that made him a terrorist--which is why he was hung.

400 million dead Africans and John Brown's the terrorist. Riight. More of the same reactionary sound and fury as the previous posts about the end of civilization, barbarians at the gate, and the environmental devastation caused by burning four really ugly, empty houses. Fascinating, any number of today's news stories that should be drawing these howls of condemnation, in which something or someone was actually harmed. Where's your bluster for the first American suicide attack of the week at Wendy's or US Marines throwing puppies off cliffs? These incidents seem better indicators of civilizational health than some well-meaning, frustrated, and misguided kids risking their liberty to make a political statement. Get a fucking grip.