15yo 8c OS

glassgowkiss

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not speculating at all.

Sorry friend....you are speculating. Do you know if this kid has climbed trad and what? If not, then all that comes next out of your fingers is speculation about what he COULD send.

Peace out!

sorry friend- your hardest route would not even be a warm-up for him- period. even euro-sporto chick can climb harder then 99% of posters on this site. here is the proof http://www.planetmountain.com/english/News/shownews.lasso?l=2&keyid=35680

so how many free routes on el cap have you done crack master? looks like skinny little chick doesn't need to brake sweat to show your place in the foodchain grasshopa.....

i can't believe all the nei sayers- even though the kid can't drive yet. what's wrong with you people?

i don't know what's wrong with them. i'd just ignore it, even if it's hard when the predictable shitheads spew their predictable idiocy. oh well....

yeah the kid's on fire. i think he'll definitely push climbing to a new standard (which is pretty much what he's doing already). 5 goes to do 15a? holy shit! same 15a that it took sharma around twenty goes.

i'd pay for his ticket to come try sharma's proj at clark mountain. no, really!

bwrts-That's right einstein- you see Caldwell as well as Roden as well as Hill- which just proves my point. I just posted this for inspiration to me, and to others as well. cranking 9a+ is something i (most likely) will never be able to do, and 9a+ plus 8c on sight is fucking amazing! and instead of hearing "bravo"- i will try harder i hear some weak fuck asking about how hard can he climb on trad! who gives a fuck!just because you are just some weak clownpunch fuck, who's forearms grew by typing on keyboard and from wanking into your grandma's undies doesn't give you the right to even attempt to diss Ondra. to me this kid is a hero! it's much, much easier to smoke dope and complain how fucking tough your life is. and for all i care ondra could be from mongolia, kentucky or ny- i don't fucking care. it happens he is from Czech republic, but like i said- you made an issue out of it. and trust me- there is plenty of americans i admire- like our local hero Swenson or Colin. so fuck you and fuck your self righteous arrogance. you can twist my words any fucking way you want- it doesn't make me look stupid

:lmao:

Where in the hell is the "Smoke Crack and Worship Satan" autosig?

This kid is astonishing.

I'll never be able to verify it myself, but I'd wager that 5.11 trad is waaay closer to 4th class than it is to 5.15.....

Pffft, when I was 15 I onsighted The Nutcracker, I think it's about 5.8c. It's a full five pitches long or so, much longer than those number/letter routes, and hey, that was back when 5.8 meant something.

Okay, it didn't actually mean anything back then either. :laf:

Bravo, I'm already psyched to try harder this year.

This is a funny thread and Bob hits it head on, plus I like his ranting Bob style!

It's really just fun banter.

Look at all the free routes on El Cap. Most, if not all were put up by people who spent a lot of time sport climbing. Lyn Hill, Huber, Yuji, and Caldwell. All house hold names in sport climbing. Granted Holding has a partial route and there might be another to the right but all the routes that were freed to the top were done by .....sport climbers.

Besides, there arn't trad climbs out there hard enough for these kids right now. But if they turn to the dark side they'll be climbing some of the hardest shit around. Given a quick learning curve, these kids would be walking up 5.13 trad in no time. Also, it's better that they stay sport climbing. Cause what free climbing projects that are left, moderate 12+ to 13-, these kids would be eating them up leaving nothing for the rest of us.

In the end, who cares what who climbs. Grades don't mean shit. It's all about what you personally take away from the experience. I get mine, you get yours thats all any of us are asking for. Simple.

I'll leave you with a quote from a friend of mine whose pulling down hard. When asked why he doesn't climb cracks or slabs, we have one of the best slab climbing areas in the world just outside of Madrid, he said, "I'll climb that shit when I'm old and fat cause it gives me more gravity to hand on to nothiing". I thought it was funny, but oh well.

I am not speculating at all.

Sorry friend....you are speculating. Do you know if this kid has climbed trad and what? If not, then all that comes next out of your fingers is speculation about what he COULD send.

Peace out!

sorry friend- your hardest route would not even be a warm-up for him- period. even euro-sporto chick can climb harder then 99% of posters on this site. here is the proof http://www.planetmountain.com/english/News/shownews.lasso?l=2&keyid=35680

so how many free routes on el cap have you done crack master? looks like skinny little chick doesn't need to brake sweat to show your place in the foodchain grasshopa.....

Bob……I hate to break your steam on this but. I could really care less if the kid cranks harder than me…..lots of people crank harder than me….that is not hard to do…..I simply asked if he climbs trad. Then you proceeded to slam me and think I was being a dick…….not the case. I just wanted to know if he climbs cracks.

You apparently do not know, because you keep referring to how much better a climber he is to me. You are really missing the point here. So……..does anybody know if he has actually climbed gear?

To the kid…….way to go youngster.

This thread is hilarious! Ondra IS an inspiration and a very exciting talent in my book. I have no doubt he could throw a few cams in the rock while climbing 5.13+ or harder. If that kid ever gets psyched on el cap, wow, that will be something...as far as free climbing on el cap being the sole domain of the sport climber...99.9% of the time this is true, but let's remember Leo Houlding's (not a sport climber) one fall ascent of Freerider and more impressively, 2 fall ascent of El Nino. On that ascent he onsighted 2 5.13c pitches and grabbed a draw in two other spots. He sent those pitches second go. Also, Freerider (the new Astroman) gets sent by people who rarely clip draws...I know it's not that hard, but still, trad climbers do free el cap.

This thread is hilarious! Ondra IS an inspiration and a very exciting talent in my book. I have no doubt he could throw a few cams in the rock while climbing 5.13+ or harder. If that kid ever gets psyched on el cap, wow, that will be something...as far as free climbing on el cap being the sole domain of the sport climber...99.9% of the time this is true, but let's remember Leo Houlding's (not a sport climber) one fall ascent of Freerider and more impressively, 2 fall ascent of El Nino. On that ascent he onsighted 2 5.13c pitches and grabbed a draw in two other spots. He sent those pitches second go. Also, Freerider (the new Astroman) gets sent by people who rarely clip draws...I know it's not that hard, but still, trad climbers do free el cap.

how are the lungs, jens? On the mend?

Did you hear the latest news???? Some kid [fill in the blank] can climb something real hard!!! Yeee!!!

hippies.gif

Don't get too excited, there will be another one next week and when they turn 18 you can throw your room key and undies at them while they rehearse in the rock gym.

Bunch of groupies!

_42433008_fans_ap_gall.jpg

I hate hearing about these kids climbing so hard. It always reminds me that when I started climbing (and still on certain days when there are only gumbies around) I feel unique and special because I climb harder than them. Then some kid I have never heard of comes along and shows me I am clueless. It's a really tough ego blow. So I have come up with an ego-protection mechanism: first, I try to compare myself to them by thinking of something they don't do - my choice is lawn darts ("Yeah, but how good are they at lawn darts?"). I used to ask how good they were at trad climbing until I actually realized that anyone sport climbing 14 and above can climb anything they want to on gear, which just made me feel worse. Next, I just denigrate them for their age and try to make people think that anyone who respects their accomplishments are beneath contempt.

Works for me!