Presidential voting - Racism and Sexism

Blake

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White Males Look Like Swing Vote in Democratic Nomination

WASHINGTON — This year, for the first time, the Democratic Party will nominate a candidate for president who is not a white male. But the results from Super Tuesday contests coast to coast suggest that white males, like a sovereign who gets to name his successor, may be the decisive swing vote in this historic battle between a black man and a white woman.

While the results fluctuated wildly state to state, it appears Illinois Sen. Barack Obama narrowly won the white male vote in battling New York Sen. Hillary Clinton to a Super Tuesday draw.

Indeed, white males "are holding the balance of power in the Democratic primaries and caucuses," said David Redlawsk, a University of Iowa political scientist who was elected a John Edwards delegate in his state's caucuses and has written about the intersection of gender and politics. "White males are playing a fairly important role here," he said, if for no other reason than they are the one large group yet to obviously choose up sides.

Since the New Hampshire primary, white women have been consistently siding with Clinton. They represent a disproportionate share of the Democratic electorate because they are both more likely to be Democrats and more likely to vote.

Black voters are backing Obama in numbers trending toward the unanimous.

And in Super Tuesday primaries in New Jersey, New York, California, Arizona and New Mexico, Latinos rallied to Clinton by large margins. (Only in his home state of Illinois was Obama able to win half the Latino vote.)

But white males, as the Super Tuesday results made plain in complicated fashion, are up for grabs.-- more at: Atlanta Journal Constitution 2/7/08

I does not matter who wins they are all in the pockets of international business and those who don't step to the marching band will get their hands slapped. If you don't believe this then you're all naive. Moral of the story: all the fuckers will fuck the fucking masses no matter what.

Edited by RedNose

I think the whole Democrat primary is now revealed to be about racism.

Yep. That's why I'll be voting for Angry White Man Ron Paul! :toad:

He's got the anti-vaccine vote all locked up, I hear.

This election has produced one of my favorite new words:

Paul-tards.

okaW8PyCfOY

Why would anybody be against more liberty and a return to the Constitutional United States? Besides, vaccines would still be available in Canada, just like health care.

Go Paul-turds!

Edited by Crux

looks like the PA gov. is saying that racism (specifically whites fearing a black president) will impact the election:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23134717/

sounds like the polls might be holding this up. compare this with Virginia, which is supposed to white, where Obama is leading Hillary with white male voters.

interesting reversal (at least my understanding of north and south states).