What a gal!

Peter_Puget

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's also clear that whatever his wife's faults - which appear to be staggering in both number and magnitude - he gets half the blame.

If sex is a vital part of being alive for him, he should have either tried to communicate that to his wife, made an effort to cultivate their sex-life, etc - or insisted on either a divorce or openly taking a mistress.

I also kind of wonder if the guy growing a pair and asserting himself wouldn't have corrected the loss of libido a bit, since doormats are seldom featured in the standard bodice ripper....

No, every woman has the right to decieve and use men. Haven't you been paying attention?

Based on what I could see here at cc.com, from your wife's response to your illness, it sounds as though she is very cool, kind, and loving.

If nothing else the contrast between her and the wretched hag featured in the article should make you feel pretty damned fortunate...

And I think that what she says taps into a very real fear of men--not living up to a woman's expectations in bed. That frightens men, so they will immediately dismiss her and anything she has to say.

Sucks, but its true.

I don't know any men with this problem. Satisfying a woman in bed is usually pretty straightforward. After a little time and experimentation, most men seem to get it right. The idea that men "worry about not measuring up" about it is probably an outdated myth.

Satisfying a woman out of bed however? A bit tougher.

As for this woman denying her husband sex? I'd say it's an act of consideration.

...her experience of sex in marriage - initially pleasant, dwindling to nothing at all after having children

over two pages of relationship stuff and no one's even mentioned biology :rolleyes:

one of the uses of sex is offspring. from an evolutionary point of view the sex drive has already served it's purpose. i'm not saying this is good or bad but i think it deserves noticing.

sex in humans also serves pair bonding - keeping the couple together while they care for their offspring. they seem to be managing this without sex.

hormones people, hormones. been known to make people have sex in the first place.

It is also interesting that folks don't really mention the husband. It's not like he has to stay married to her. But he has chosen to do so.

We've bashed her for staying together for the kids, not giving her spouse sex, etc; however, we haven't mentioned that the person whom this most affects has chosen to stay under these conditions.

And I think that what she says taps into a very real fear of men--not living up to a woman's expectations in bed. That frightens men, so they will immediately dismiss her and anything she has to say.

Sucks, but its true.

My guess is she's probably equally worthless in bed...most likely just a "dishrag"...

If a woman can't say what she wants and expects, then well, its at least 50% her problem as well...

What is so interesting is that this wasn't the guys job function...he totally figured out the access and then played poker with billion and billions sagan> with "several tens of billions of euros". Ladies and Gentlemen, thats a lot of money. and he lost, and apparently didn't stand to gain if he won.

Even people who are over your weight ideal need to get laid, so grow up.

Anyway, this is sad to read:

"In the meantime, I want to tell other women that they are not alone in not wanting to have sex with their long-term partners. I don't think it's possible to maintain the passion of the initial chase. But it doesn't mean you won't experience those feelings again with someone else."

So really, just keep rotating through people with the expectation that the ultimate goal in your sex life is to continually feel the initial thrill. Hmmm, sounds like someone is stuck in a particular phase of their sex life.

I was thinking much the same thing. although this does further my theory that you can't bring children into being with the love of your life. relationships change dramticly when children come into the picture. I don't think it is sex that is the issue all the time... but there is something. for many women they find the love and affection (not sexual but hugging) they need from their children.

it is sad that these women aren't woman enough to let the guy go and be with a woman who actualy wants to have sex with him. being stuck in a miserable sexless marrige feeling totaly unloved and unwanted must be heartbreaking. :(