What a gal!

Peter_Puget

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say yes.

I would say in a committed relationship (meaning one that you want to stay in and one you value), your own sexual activities may very well be subsumed by the relationship. In other words, the sexuality of the individual comes after the sexuality of the relationship. Ideally, in a traditional marriage (meaning one without other agreements around sex) there is no sexuality outside of that marriage.

I read that in Playboy.

I cringe when I read the statement "We're staying together for the sake of our children." I think that is utter bullshit. Kids know when their parents aren't happy. How can you have a happy caring home if the parents are just tolerating each other?

If she had stated that they were perfectly happy not having sex I would be more sympathetic. To state that you're going to punish yourself until the kids have left the home and then go on some crazy sexual escapade?! She needs to watch Barbarella. To encourage people to try and fake a normal life for some imagined ideal of child raising is horrifying.

What lesson is she trying to teach? We must sacrifice our own happiness for others? Give me a break. Happiness breeds happiness.

I guess I'm just scarred from my own parents trying to stay together. Things got exponentially better when they separated.

I would say yes.

I would say in a committed relationship (meaning one that you want to stay in and one you value), your own sexual activities may very well be subsumed by the relationship. In other words, the sexuality of the individual comes after the sexuality of the relationship. Ideally, in a traditional marriage (meaning one without other agreements around sex) there is no sexuality outside of that marriage.

I read that in Playboy.

Agreed.

Here's what Dre has to say:

Now this is one of them occasions

where the homies not doin it right

I mean he found him a hoe that he like

But you can't make a hoe a housewife

And when it all boils down you gonna find in the end

a bitch is a bitch, but a Dogg is a man's best friend

So what you found you a hoe that you like

But you can't make a hoe a housewife.

couldn't agree more...maybe if the selfish bitch would open her fat piehole and do some talking and explaining what she needs instead of sneaking arouund cyberdoodling herself they wouldn't have a lame existence...

if i was hal, i'd be packing and heading out to contact a lawyer and get those kids and move on with my life...

worthless piece of $hit...

The Dogg's a retread. Here's Jacques Brel many years ago:

The girls

Are as fast as a game

Are as bright as a flame

And you're always to blame

The girls

Are as pink as the light

And as dark as the night

And they're always right

The girls

Are as cold as the sphinx

Always dreaming of minks

They drive you to drink

The girls

Are as soft as a sigh

That whispers good-bye

And leaves you to cry

But the dogs

Well, they're only dogs

Just wagging their tails

As they watch it end

Oh, the dogs

Well, they're only dogs

And maybe that's why

They're man's best friend

The girls

Can make you feel cold

Can make you feel old

An antique to be sold

The girls

They play with your heart

They tear you apart

You're never too smart

The girls

They throw you from towers

They'll whip you with flowers

It depends on the hours

The girls

Will treat you like trash

Or let you be brash

It depends on your cash

But the dogs

Don't depend on a thing

They just lick your face

When they see it end

Oh, the dogs

Don't depend on a thing

And maybe that's why

The girls

They're not what they seem

They all have a scheme

They call it a dream

The girls

Are as hot as they please

And you're down on your knees

With the greatest of ease

The girls

Say you're on the right track

Then they take it all back

Tie it up in a sack

The girls

They will give it of course

But they give with such force

That it gives you remorse

But the dogs

They give nothing at all

They just lift a leg

As they watch it end

Oh, the dogs

They give nothing at all

And that's the reason why

And yet it's because of the girls

When they've knocked us about

And our tears want to shout

That we kick the dogs out

And I think that what she says taps into a very real fear of men--not living up to a woman's expectations in bed. That frightens men, so they will immediately dismiss her and anything she has to say.

Sucks, but its true.

that's between her and her husband. she's a dumb cunt who can't work things out in her personal life.

doesn't threaten me at all. I think it's pathetic.

And I think that what she says taps into a very real fear of men--not living up to a woman's expectations in bed. That frightens men, so they will immediately dismiss her and anything she has to say.

Sucks, but its true.

:rolleyes:

I don't share this fear. But it's nice to know that you understand men so well.

I think it's disgusting to live with someone while secretely planning on leaving them once they outlive their usefullness -- AND writing a book about it and telling everyone in the world except for him.

It's cold, heartless, loveless, deceptive, and the reason I dismiss her has nothing to do with "my fears," but with my own sense of decency. I would never do that to a lover. She is very unkind.

But, boy you sure have a chip on your shoulder about men, don't you?

Edited by rob

There are different switches for different men

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/01/25/undercover.cop.ap/index.html

would be the example of a bad one.

But that is not my point. Neither is it my point to browbeat men. My point is, listen up, it is nice to live in an era and in a country where women can voice their opinions on sex. We don't have to agree with those opinions. But the fact that this is happening is wonderful. This is a part of history in the making, really. And to honor her opinion is an opportunity for each of us to practice honoring all opinions. Not agree, but recognize and honor.

Simple. Straightforward. Not a personal attack.

Well, I don't really see the hubbub about what the woman is saying--I'm not in her shoes.

But, it would be nice if in our oversexed society, women who don't fit into the poster-picture above are also recognized as sexual beings with legitimate opinions. Don't have to agree with them, but it would be nice to hear them out.

And you guys ought to remember that one day you will also be middle aged and even though you may see yourself as always fucking little hotties, you will probably end up with someone who is also in your age bracket. You may want to get a head start on trying to learn how to keep the woman you got in your bed. Otherwise, it's the hand for you.

I think that goes for both sexes, no? We'd probably agree that there are some women out there in Hal's shoes, and that their husband's sexual neglect is profoundly painful and distressing for them.

One of the basic obligations of a spouse is figuring out what kinds of things make your husband or wife feel loved and appreciated, and making an effort to do those things whether they are part of your natural inclinations or not - with the standard exceptions for things that are dangerous, criminal, degrading, etc. When a spouse refuses to make any effort to do so, that's a sign of not only selfishness, but open contempt and will pretty much kill off any love that the other partner feels for the other.

In my case - having a clean house is a secondary priority at best, and gifts have never been that important to me. Neither is talking about my day. Listening to someone unpack their workday when they get home isn't natural either. And displaying affection with hugs or by saying nice things don't come naturally to me. They're important to my wife though, so I try to do all of the above every day. There are days when I'm more on top of things than others, but I recognize that I've got to make the effort, whether I feel like doing so or not.

I can only imagine the response I'd get if I posted an article at ivilliage.com stating that I'd lost any interest I had in doing my share of the work required to keep the house clean, listening, showing affection, etc shortly after getting married - and expected my wife to accept this open display of contempt and persist in the relationship anyway....