posting after a head decapitation

genepires

so i was skiing in inbounds when i decided to duck under the boundry rope. i didn't get low enough and lost my head one inch above the shoulder. the docs put it back on but they told me to not think much for the standard decap recovery time of 4 to 6 weeks.

how long before i should post on cc.com?

oh oh...too late.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an excellent question, Gene. Your doctors probably want you to avoid light mental exercise for a few weeks. Posting on CC, as most of us know, requires almost no effort from any organs above the waist, so post at your leisure. In fact, for many of us here the head is really not much more than a vestigial organ that provides structural support for the conduits of breathing and eating.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

As long as you only move your eyes and not your entire head, you should be fine. Don't overdo it, and if you are doing PT for rehab, do the exercises. Those PTs know what they are talking about.

As soon as possible, you want to start putting Vitamin e oil on that scar. Decaps leave weird scars, conversation piece not in a good way! Good luck on your recovery, keep us posted!

Obviously you kept your wits about you despite losing your head and jamed it back on within 13 secs (ref. following quote from Dr. Ron Wright, most recently Chief Medical Examiner of Broward County Florida:

"After your head is cut off by a guillotine you have 13 seconds of consciousness (+/- 1 or 2). The first time I ever learned this was when I put a patient into ventricular fibrillation.

The "no blood pressure" alarms came on and the patient said "what is that?" I said I suppose you will find out soon enough, and he did.

The 13 seconds is the amount of high energy phosphates that the cytochromes in the brain have to keep going without new oxygen and glucose. This is reasonably well known to the forensic community, but not often found in the literature. I believe I touched upon it in one of my articles on asphyxia. At any rate,

not only can you blink, but you can do two for yes and one for

no; and it is said to have been done.").