Denali Expedition 2008 - Looking for 10-12 member

vertical_hiker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why is it that god can judge but we can't?

I belive it has something to do with being not only all powerfull but also all knowing. (I can't find the right spelling for this word)

If you are short in any of these areas then your judgement can be off.

do as i say, not as i do

I belive it has something to do with being not only all powerfull but also all knowing. (I can't find the right spelling for this word)

do as i say, not as i do

Say what?

Edited by sirwoofalot

i'm thinkin gods judgement might be a little off if he created us.

in other words... those that are different are wrong

no, that would be the christian way of thinking. i happen to make judgement calls every day. and every time i look at a resume and hire someone for my business i judge and i get judged, but i'm ok with that. i judge, but i don't claim that i don't.

a lot christians i know judge but preach differently, and believe me i live in

christian central, hell focus on the family is in my back yard.

but no, your statement is off. your only wrong if you think your right and i'm just passing time on this spinning ball and don't care what you believe in. as long as you follow the last five commandments your doin better than most, and your alright by me.

no, that would be the christian way of thinking. i happen to make judgement calls every day. and every time i look at a resume and hire someone for my business i judge and i get judged, but i'm ok with that. i judge, but i don't claim that i don't.

a lot christians i know judge but preach differently, and believe me i live in

christian central, hell focus on the family is in my back yard.

but no, your statement is off. your only wrong if you think your right and i'm just passing time on this spinning ball and don't care what you believe in. as long as you follow the last five commandments your doin better than most, and your alright by me.

You know, I got to agree with you on many points. I guess I make, and pass judgment more often than I realize.

Sometimes I am right and sometimes I am wrong.

That is a big difference between me and God. God is always right. It comes with the all knowing part.

well god sure created a mess when he created us assholes.

I would like to responde to two messages, the immediate one above and one earlier from pink that said, "i'm thinkin gods judgement might be a little off if he created us. "

You both have a very good questing, "if God is so great why did he ever creat us?"

If we assume that God did create us, then it is not off based to assume that God created us for a reason. God created us for fellowship with God and to be blessed by God.

But how can we achieve this with out a free will? To be allowed to choose to disobey. The bible teaches that in the creating of us humans we were instilled with a free will. We humans choose to not have fellowship with God.

Yes, we are a fallen race. Fallen from the presents of God; and if you assume that we were created for fellowship with God then to be separated from God would be the worst thing possible.

So why do you go into the Mountains?

Dig deeper to see if you really know who and what you are.

Keep in mind that you were created to be with God.

Aren’t you really looking for that fellowship with God? The closer you can get to God’s great and wonderful creation then the closer you can get to God. Again, that is what we were created for.

I don’t believe you can find that in religion.

I believe you can sense it while slogging up the Muir snow field and looking out over the cascades. While eating a PB&J on top of a scramble, or on top of Silver, Granit, Defiance, or any other local peak.

No, God did not create the mess; we only made it by turning away from God.

uh, to get the hell away from people who believe in santa claus, easter bunnies, faces appearing in tortillas and big guys in bathrobes that bestride the cosmos yet still bother to get involved in the intrigues of ants

that said, crossing under huge icefalls and hearing rocks fall like artillery during the night never fails to lever out a few vestiges of primitive superstition from my divinely-wrought brain-jelly

uh, to get the hell away from people who believe in santa claus, easter bunnies, faces appearing in tortillas and big guys in bathrobes that bestride the cosmos yet still bother to get involved in the intrigues of ants

that said, crossing under huge icefalls and hearing rocks fall like artillery during the night never fails to lever out a few vestiges of primitive superstition from my divinely-wrought brain-jelly

:lmao:Thanks. I needed that.

I go into the mountains because I throw like a girl.

I wish I had sat next to God in school; I would have done better.

The idea of a being that is "always right" is uniquely Christian. The religion attracts those who have need for such a ridiculous notion as perfection, which, after all, is a completely human construct. God is 'perfect' because believers in God say so. Oh. OK. Whatever you guys say. After all, you made this shit up.

As for the universe, well, a person chooses to believe that it's either perfect, imperfect, or that it just is what it is. I'm satisfied with door #3. Anything else just seems like human conceit.

...The idea of a being that is "always right" is uniquely Christian. The religion attracts those who have need for such a ridiculous notion as perfection, which, after all, is a completely human construct.

Christianity is hardly unique in this respect. Islam also portrays Allah as being "always right" and perfect in every way. Islam, like Cristianity, also attracts those who have no idea how to live a life by their own construction. Islam goes so far as to say that men must wear beards, women must be veiled lest they arouse the male libido, you can't be in the same room with a dog, you can't touch a woman to whom you aren't married, and you have to wipe your ass with your left hand only.

...As for the universe, well, a person chooses to believe that it's either perfect, imperfect, or that it just is what it is. I'm satisfied with door #3. Anything else just seems like human conceit.

We agree on something.