Denali Expedition 2008 - Looking for 10-12 member

vertical_hiker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please look up Miller/Urey Experiment. Arrive at your own conclusions. It seems pretty obvious to me, but I will not provide any additional aid or comfort to the assortment of douche bags arguing the correct, pro-evolution side of this argument here.

FW - what this tells me is that we were able, under conditions they thought were similar to early atmospheric conditions (later found to be incorrect) to synthesize roughly 1/2 of the essential amino acids. Not a living cell, or even a cell at all, but proteins. Also interesting is that was 54 years ago. 54 years later, with many brilliant minds literally wracking their brains to take this experiment to the next level, and still no success. The question is how many of the worlds most intelligent minds in science will it take to demonstrate that life could have just happened without any intelligence.

Maybe you can convince Saul who changed his name to Paul who was killing christian becuase he beleived the same thing, that this shit was made up. Funny thing is Jesus appeared to him. He stop killing christian wrote multiple books in the bible and hung upside down. Now maybe you tell him who killing christian that became one of the ones killed that the shit was made up. He was pretty convinced it wasn't made up.

and that right there is why, if god exists, he is a bit of a twit - why the fuck does saul get the personal jesus visit?!? waht's the point of keeping the rest of us heathens in the dark? for chrissakes, i'm a hedonistic fuck, and i know full well the powers of mental-illness to create illusions and fantasies, but if the Big Guy in the Bathrobe came down from the clouds w/ a plethora of big-bootie-bitches and waved his 16 inches around in my face while solving a rubix-cube in 1 second w/ his feet, i'm sure i'd be changing my tune damn quick too (probably even tvash too, though jaycee might need a big double-d rack to go w/ the long-schlong for full convincing).

Aren't you going to climb a giant schlong tomorrow?

54 years later, with many brilliant minds literally wracking their brains to take this experiment to the next level, and still no success.

They've been making whole viruses from scratch since 2002, bacteria's not far off.

source?

Is your Google broken?

virus creation gets me a bunch of computer virus references - so at least give me some keywords....who's THEY? Is it a chemical reaction in conditions representative of the famous "primordial soup"???....do tell

54 years later, with many brilliant minds literally wracking their brains to take this experiment to the next level, and still no success.

They've been making whole viruses from scratch since 2002, bacteria's not far off.

source?

Is your Google broken?

virus creation gets me a bunch of computer virus references - so at least give me some keywords....who's THEY? Is it a chemical reaction in conditions representative of the famous "primordial soup"???....do tell

ahhh...http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn2539-scientists-build-polio-virus-from-scratch.html

Scientists have built the virus that causes polio from scratch in the lab, using nothing more than genetic sequence information from public databases and readily available technology.......

Paul and her colleagues used chemical techniques to produce large segments of DNA corresponding to portions of the polio virus. They made one segment themselves, then ordered the rest from a company that routinely machine-generates DNA.

Once they had all the segments, the team pasted the pieces together to produce one long stretch of DNA. They then used a commercially available enzyme to convert the DNA into RNA - the genetic form of the polio virus.

Finally, they added the RNA to a soup made from human cells. This enabled the RNA to use the cellular machinery to create the proteins that complete the virus particles. The result was an infectious agent that could destroy cultured human cells and paralyse or kill mice in much the same way as the normal polio virus.

No intelligent design at work here....all they needed were some human cells...wait a second....how would those get in the primordial soup :crosseye:

Edited by ericb

evolution is not science. Plenty of real science with out a huministic relgious belief of evolution. Chemical compound chart provides lots of fun and its real. Evolution is a basis of beleif and not science.

Which school did you go too? Are you high? There is so much evidence that points to evolution its scary.....on the other hand all you have of evidence of God is a book that humans wrote.....mmmmmmm

evolution is not science. Plenty of real science with out a huministic relgious belief of evolution. Chemical compound chart provides lots of fun and its real. Evolution is a basis of beleif and not science.

Which school did you go too? Are you high? There is so much evidence that points to evolution its scary.....on the other hand all you have of evidence of God is a book that humans wrote.....mmmmmmm

KB - pretty sure that all the evidence of evolution that you are referring to you read about in a book that humans wrote, or on a website that humans coded, or on a TV show that humans produced.

but if the Big Guy in the Bathrobe came down from the clouds w/ a plethora of big-bootie-bitches and waved his 16 inches around in my face while solving a rubix-cube in 1 second w/ his feet, i'm sure i'd be changing my tune damn quick too (probably even tvash too, though jaycee might need a big double-d rack to go w/ the long-schlong for full convincing).

That actually happened to me at a party once.

but if the Big Guy in the Bathrobe came down from the clouds w/ a plethora of big-bootie-bitches and waved his 16 inches around in my face while solving a rubix-cube in 1 second w/ his feet, i'm sure i'd be changing my tune damn quick too (probably even tvash too, though jaycee might need a big double-d rack to go w/ the long-schlong for full convincing).

That actually happened to me at a party once.

Well we've solved the mystery of what happened to JC's double-d rack