If you had four months to travel and climb...

RuMR

For the med...

I'd go to haute provence for a month. rent a small house and tour around. If you rent a place near aix en provence, you can go to 20 or 30 world class climbing areas. it's high enough to climb most of the year.

i'd swap over to the dolomites for the second month. Do the whole umbria, florence, ejumacational thingamabob.

slovenia would be half my third month. decent sport climbing all over the country, very interesting alpine climbing, and some of the best wine in the world.

I'd wander down the dalmatian coast in the second half of the third month. Plenty of nude resorts there. But i'd have to second Tim's comment about the percentages...

For the fourth month, I'd sail through Greece and Turkey, stopping at meteora, kalymnos, olympus, and a few other spots. Then fly back to france for the tourist crap in paris in late september and some of that bouldering stuff...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what part of wife and kids with other non climbing activities did you not get??

Reading 101 comprehension, son...its a good thing! :tup:

Rudy sez: ...wife and i are tossing around the idea of taking a LOT of time off for our 40th birthday...

:fahq:, you runty little turdball. Where in any of your posts on this topic have you mentioned the kids before now? Composition 101... it's a good thing.

You do know I'm just fuk'n witcha... :poke:

Actually in the middle of planning 5 months off. Spreadsheets and logistics. Likely plan is one month in Bolivia then 6 wks in Chile/Argentina. Back home to check on the cat and house then load up the car and meet friends in New Mexico for a climb/hike/ski thru NM, CA, OR, WA.

what part of wife and kids with other non climbing activities did you not get??

Reading 101 comprehension, son...its a good thing! :tup:

Rudy sez: ...wife and i are tossing around the idea of taking a LOT of time off for our 40th birthday...

:fahq:, you runty little turdball. Where in any of your posts on this topic have you mentioned the kids before now? Composition 101... it's a good thing.

You do know I'm just fuk'n witcha... :poke:

images-1.jpg

look outside......

leave RuMR's fantasy alone.

ya, stop picking on me. btw rumr: I'm wearing the negligee you gave me

If you go in our fall/winter flights will be cheaper. November/December to Argentina/Chile could get you some nice trekking as well as some climbing. Alternatively May/June to Peru or Ecuador (again mountain walking, some climbing)

I just did the Pyrenees trip it was hands down the best time of my life..from climbing to drinking to motorbiking to nailing boat loads of manchester sluts..AMAZING

I also climbed in the dolomites and did the Italy thing, I will go back to the dolomites over and over and over again best time of my life the refuges..i mean thts what its all about in my mind!! Climb hard then hit the bar 5 mins from the rap route or skitter over to some beautiful italian town or fly wherever you want for 50 bones!!

I am planning another motorbike trip this summer to ride from barcelona down to marakech then tour abit round there and back..im just trying to add some time in the Brenta region of the dolomites

thats the place man Italy/Spain

I just did the Pyrenees trip it was hands down the best time of my life..from climbing to drinking to motorbiking to nailing boat loads of manchester sluts..AMAZING

I also climbed in the dolomites and did the Italy thing, I will go back to the dolomites over and over and over again best time of my life the refuges..i mean thts what its all about in my mind!! Climb hard then hit the bar 5 mins from the rap route or skitter over to some beautiful italian town or fly wherever you want for 50 bones!!

I am planning another motorbike trip this summer to ride from barcelona down to marakech then tour abit round there and back..im just trying to add some time in the Brenta region of the dolomites

thats the place man Italy/Spain

You...lucky...bastard...

Edited by TREETOAD