Are They Gonna Fluoridate It?

G-spotter

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be willing to wager their product is cleaner and safer than that delivered by many (maybe, most) municipal water treatment systems.

Not here. We get our water from the Tolt Reservoir and it consistantly ranks high in purity.

I read my little water system handout mailer thingy this summer. Very informative.

I've got two of my own wells and they are of the strongest producers throughout the canyons here; I allow many of my neighbors to haul from them. The water is clear, tastes great, and the TDS count is around 480ppm (borderline "hard"). I use it for drinking, washing, cooking, and bathing after it's been filtered through a couple of 5 micron cartridges. I have it tested about every five years.

It's amazing to me that so many take the availability of water for granted. It's not unusual to see folks who have plunked down $500k to $1.5million to build their "dream home" with a picture-postcard-view hauling water, or having it delivered, to run their household and water their gardens.

Not here. We get our water from the Tolt Reservoir and it consistantly ranks high in purity.

I read my little water system handout mailer thingy this summer. Very informative.

We're super-special here with our watersheds though. It's quite uncommon.

So we have this great water here and then living in Ballard it runs through crappy old pipes and it no tastey good any more. :mad:

This is the wave of the future. My firm, WestWater Research, just completed an auction of this effluent water for the town of Prescott Valley, AZ. See article: http://www.pr-inside.com/auction-creates-competition-for-water-r279427.htm

They are out of water but also did not have the money to upgrade the municipal infrastructure to treat effluent water to Class A drinkable water. So, they hired us to create an auction for the water. The winning bidder is out of New York. They can sell it back to developers, private investors, a PUD, etc. Everyone wins and you do not need any more water.

The problems for water are only going to get worse. I have large muncipal clients on the west side of the Cascades who are almost out of water. There are cities on the west side of the Cascades who are requiring developers that in exchange for development permits they must bring the city the equivelent amount of water for that development. Water problems are not just in the desert southwest and California. They are in your own back yards. Water is now being treated as a commodity. The next 20-30 years should be interesting.......