Screwing up at work

archenemy

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone's probably in a chock-full-a-trouble.

Before I went to test the big, bad boys at the friendly skies, I used to test small biz jet engines. I remember my first on aircraft engine test. I was sitting on the floor in this tiny space surrounded by stacks of gear and equipment. One of the test pilots hands me a fire extinguisher and says, in case we light up. I said, but we're on the ground. He said, doesn't matter where you are when you're testing.

its merely a flesh wound. A little 100 mph tape and a dab of paint and no one will ever know.

You have no idea how true this is.

You've probably all heard of Quantas vaunted safety record that they've never "lost" a plane? It doesn't mean they've never crashed or severly damaged one, just that they fix them and fly them :P

Yes. If Airbus could just get those composite tail fins to stay glued to the fuselage they'd be onto something big.

If Boeing could get fasteners from somewhere other than Home Depot they'd be able to fulfill something big :wave:

The biggest dumbasses are the ones who have the least contact with actual work being done. Not coincidentally they are the most xenophobic and optimistic.

there planes and they're engineering frighten me!

typical American engineer scared by modern technology and competent engineers.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I've seen them try and make curves from 1 data point, call a curve fit good when it splits the difference between two data points that vary by a factor of 2, and am working on a pitch control system that has a +/- 20% potential variability in feel (and greater than that in aircraft response) from aircraft to aircraft.

I've seen them try and make curves from 1 data point, call a curve fit good when it splits the difference between two data points that vary by a factor of 2, and am working on a pitch control system that has a +/- 20% potential variability in feel (and greater than that in aircraft response) from aircraft to aircraft.

That sounds like my experience with Boeing, Lockmart and Raytheon

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

btw: it's their planes

Yes. If Airbus could just get those composite tail fins to stay glued to the fuselage they'd be onto something big.

"Boeing manufactures the 787's tail fin at its plant in Frederickson, Washington, the ailerons and flaps at Boeing AUSTRALIA, and fairings at Boeing CANADATechnology. For its entire history, Boeing has guarded its techniques for designing and mass producing commercial jetliner wings. For economic reasons, the wings are manufactured by JAPANESE companies in Nagoya, e.g. Mitsubishi Heavy Industries; the horizontal stabilizers are manufactured by Alenia Aeronautica in ITALY; and the fuselage sections by Vought in Charleston, SOUTH CAROLINA (USA), Alenia in Italy, Kawasaki Heavy Industries in Japan and Spirit AeroSystems, in Wichita, Kansas (USA). The passenger doors are made by Latecoere (FRANCE)and the cargo doors, access doors and crew escape door are made by Saab(SWEDEN). Japanese industrial participation is very important to the project, with 35% work share, with many of the subcontractors supported and funded by the Japanese government.[49] "