old farts that still climb

pink

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Opdyke is more than 63 isn't he?

I and a few others (like Bill Coe) aren't far behind him. Losing Jim Anglin particularly touched a nerve in that regard (other than him being just a stellar human) as we were the same age - 55. He had half jokingly proposed we do the NIAD and try for the combined age record at 110 as he felt we both moved pretty fast. I had to let him down gently by informing him I generally suck at obligatory Valley jamming. I had so looked forward to the possibility of getting on a wall with him and now that time has past.

Pink, dude, you're my new great wall hope now...

I feel your pain...I have a PM in my box with an open invite for a Jim Guided tour of Menagerie when my feet are better. GAWD i hate having missed that opportunity.

Opdyke is more than 63 isn't he?

I and a few others (like Bill Coe) aren't far behind him. Losing Jim Anglin particularly touched a nerve in that regard (other than him being just a stellar human) as we were the same age - 55. He had half jokingly proposed we do the NIAD and try for the combined age record at 110 as he felt we both moved pretty fast. I had to let him down gently by informing him I generally suck at obligatory Valley jamming. I had so looked forward to the possibility of getting on a wall with him and now that time has past.

Pink, dude, you're my new great wall hope now...

that can be arranged...ilike climbing with old farts.

If your definition of old begins at 50, there's a stack of people here who are either almost there or a little over the line. Myself included, though I'll have to wait until July to qualify.

As an aside, that's a nice signature modification Bug, but I've read some of your stories, and it sounds like you've always been skanky. Not that that's a bad thing...