Help This Young Man....

JayB

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this guy must never of heard of people before him that got liberal arts degrees...

how does the saying go? those that don't know history are bound to repeat it... or something like that.

ironical..

:lmao:

nice catch!

The irony is so perfect it makes me wonder if this "letter" is in fact a troll (better check snopes.com)

http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/myview/story/191803.html

730-bn-20071025-A006-studentdebtlimi-34956-MI0001.embedded.prod_affiliate.50.jpg

Reading this pissed me off.

"Selling out"?

Is getting a decent paying job really selling out? I want to punch this whiny fucker in the throat. He even looks like a twat.

"Desperate times called for desperate measures, and I had no intention of living in a society that was as unfair as this one. To seek a haven devoid of the ruthless 9-to-5 ebb and flow of contemporary America, I moved to Alaska."

I hear that Sean Penn has optioned the rights to his story.

Reading this pissed me off.

"Selling out"?

Is getting a decent paying job really selling out? I want to punch this whiny fucker in the throat. He even looks like a twat.

"Desperate times called for desperate measures, and I had no intention of living in a society that was as unfair as this one. To seek a haven devoid of the ruthless 9-to-5 ebb and flow of contemporary America, I moved to Alaska."

I hear that Sean Penn has optioned the rights to his story.

ruthless 9-to-5 ... of contemporary America? Fuck dickhead that's what unions fought their ass off for last century. Maybe he'd prefer no minimum wage, 80 hour weeks in a shithole with no safety standards and a company store.

Or maybe he'd prefer "contemporary" Latin America? Sub-saharan Africa? Industrialized China? This piece of shit needs to do some hard time somewhere, and STFU.

Apparently not having mom and dad around to pay the bills and boost his precious self esteem isn't working out so well. Having worked on Alaska's North Slope to pay for college (doing whatever shit job no one else who got paid more wanted to do), I have to say "Who doesn't go to Coldfoot not knowing what it's like?" Wouldn't anyone with a healthy curiosity and any kind of investigatory skills bother to find out? What kind of job did he expect to be 'waiting' for him when he got out? College professor? Head of some NGO? Sorry, those jobs are taken by older people with more skills. Did he expect someone to pay off his loans like someone bought him a new car for graduating high school (a trend I abhor, as if graduating high school is a difficult task)? I'd like to introduce him to any number of PhDs who have successful careers not doing what they were 'trained' to do (in a way, it's harder for them to redefine themselves and get work since employers tend to view them as too specialized or over qualified).

Or maybe he'd prefer "contemporary" Latin America? Sub-saharan Africa? Industrialized China? This piece of shit needs to do some hard time somewhere, and STFU.

:tup:

Whenever I ran into this sense of entitlement back on the East Coast, my comment was usually, "Well, good thing you didn't step on a land mine today or get shot by a sniper for being from the wrong ethnic group." Oddly, they never seem to completely appreciate my trying to help. :eveeel:

Edited by foraker

Whenever I ran into this sense of entitlement back on the East Coast

I'm more down with internet message board entitlement to pass judgement on everyone than anything else.

At least you're New School. Old School is posting your pathetic rants in your home-town newspaper.

That's sweet Carl, but I don't think he'll need it with all of the job-offers that come flooding in amongst the letters of praise and encouragement that are sure to materialize in response to this column.

I mean, the kid's right in the heart of the New York rust-belt, where no one has had to contend with hard times or make any adjustments in the face of adversity, so I'm confident that the sympathy that the readership feels with him on account of his plight will be both vast and profound.

Actually, I think we should all feel sorry for this guy. He is going through a hard time in his life (though arguably many have it harder). You guys are so mean.

He's just making plea for everyone getting a handout in terms of their college education. Who amongst you has not said some stupid shit when you were 24?

He's acting no more entitled than people here thinking they should get free healthcare because they exist or cheaper insurance because of their studly bike riding, or any of us other fucks who think we should get access to govt. built roads and trails for free. Jeez Dwayner thinks that he is entitled to have all climbers be just like him, and nobody ever gives him shit.

Lighten up dudes!

what a putz. hardworking means you actually work. and how does living at home not compromise his intregity were as getting a job that pays the bills does. i have student loans in close to the same amount, the min payment is $180 thats not that much. although i'd rather not bepaying on it for 30yrs makeing the min payment shouldn't be that hard if your working.i pay as much as i can so ill be done with it as soon as posible

this guy must never of heard of people before him that got liberal arts degrees...

how does the saying go? those that don't know history are bound to repeat it... or something like that.

ironical..

:lmao:

nice catch!

The irony is so perfect it makes me wonder if this "letter" is in fact a troll (better check snopes.com)

http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/myview/story/191803.html

730-bn-20071025-A006-studentdebtlimi-34956-MI0001.embedded.prod_affiliate.50.jpg

He's also a writer for the local alt paper.

Not to mention movie critic.