Stone Nudes

Gary_Yngve

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right, Sherri, and we should all be outraged: outraged, shocked and dismayed. If you were taken in by that blatantly misleading copy and purchased a calendar by mistake, I want you to know that you can send it to me. For God's sake, don't throw it into the garbage. That's exactly the sort of sexist filth that could blind an unsuspecting sanitation worker.

I don't disagree with that. But if they are being forthright about their intent, it seems copy should read, "celebrating naked women." The "human form", as it were, includes both sexes.

I believe there is a reason Dean choose to photo only women. Uh…..women’s pluming is on the inside……

If it's "intended to inspire and celebrate the human form," as its copy states, why does it feature only female humans?

There actually was a men's calendar a few years ago. Disappointing that he dropped it. Personally I wish he'd put together a coffee table book with an even mix of men and women. He's a fantastic photographer, and men and women (especially climbers) are both beautiful.

Personally I wish he'd put together a coffee table book with an even mix of men and women. He's a fantastic photographer, and men and women (especially climbers) are both beautiful.

That's a great concept for a book--more along the lines of what I'd consider to be a celebration of the beauty of the human form interfacing with nature, one that captures the essence of what occurs during climbing when it's muscle against granite and gravity. Hell, I'd even pose for that one. :blush:

Some of the T&A shots in the calendar seem like a wasted opportunity. There's plenty of other places to buy that, if that's all you're looking for.

Edited by Sherri

I don't disagree with that. But if they are being forthright about their intent, it seems copy should read, "celebrating naked women." The "human form", as it were, includes both sexes.

I believe there is a reason Dean choose to photo only women. Uh…..women’s pluming is on the inside……

Yep...seeing a man's junk from any angle can not be put in the art category

Personally I wish he'd put together a coffee table book with an even mix of men and women. He's a fantastic photographer, and men and women (especially climbers) are both beautiful.

That's a great concept for a book--more along the lines of what I'd consider to be a celebration of the beauty of the human form interfacing with nature, especially in a climbing context. Hell, I'd even pose for that one.

If he wants to see the male form interfacing with nature, send him to Enumclaw

There actually was a men's calendar a few years ago. Disappointing that he dropped it. Personally I wish he'd put together a coffee table book with an even mix of men and women. He's a fantastic photographer, and men and women (especially climbers) are both beautiful.

Five years ago, Dean's plan was for an eventual coffee book.

Dunno if that's changed.