Please vote for me : )

StickBoy

This isn't actually for me. Rather this is for my wife. She's my hero and I have nothing but respect for her and her dedication to her work. Instead of me misrepresenting her story, I'll copy and paste the email she sent to all our family and friends.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Everyone,

Yes, this is a mass e-mail, but I am asking for your support. I recently gave myself a personal challenge for my 30th birthday . . . long story short, in 8 weeks I dropped 14 lbs. of body fat (7%). It was an incredible challenge and I learned a lot! I entered a hot body/body transformation contest and just found out that I was chosen to be in the top 8 finalists for the women, out of over 100 entries!

The one winner will be chosen based on votes, which is where your support comes in :). If you click on the link below, you will then be able to click on the 2007 Hot Body Finalists thread then click on Cast Your Vote - Female Hot Body Champion. I am Finalist #4.

I really appreciate all of your support. I'm not sure if you'll be able to access it, but my story and before and after pics appear on there as well (I had no idea when I took these before pictures in April that I would be sharing them with ANYBODY! =). The winner will be flown to Toronto for a professional photo shoot to be published in fitness publications and the winner will represent Precision Nutrition as well. They are a very reputable organization in the fitness world. \:\)

http://www.precisionnutrition.com/members

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is not spam or any type of solicitation. I am just trying to network with people who understand the hard work that goes into persuing one's goals. So please vote for her. If you want to see the before and after pics, you can create a free account.

Thank you for your votes (Lucky, Moronbros, Lokey, ect.)

Remember, she's #4

Mike

Edited by StickBoy

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't actually for me. Rather this is for my wife. She's my hero and I have nothing but respect for her and her dedication to her work. Instead of me misrepresenting her story, I'll copy and paste the email she sent to all our family and friends.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Everyone,

Yes, this is a mass e-mail, but I am asking for your support. I recently gave myself a personal challenge for my 30th birthday . . . long story short, in 8 weeks I dropped 14 lbs. of body fat (7%). It was an incredible challenge and I learned a lot! I entered a hot body/body transformation contest and just found out that I was chosen to be in the top 8 finalists for the women, out of over 100 entries!

The one winner will be chosen based on votes, which is where your support comes in :). If you click on the link below, you will then be able to click on the 2007 Hot Body Finalists thread then click on Cast Your Vote - Female Hot Body Champion. I am Finalist #4.

I really appreciate all of your support. I'm not sure if you'll be able to access it, but my story and before and after pics appear on there as well (I had no idea when I took these before pictures in April that I would be sharing them with ANYBODY! =). The winner will be flown to Toronto for a professional photo shoot to be published in fitness publications and the winner will represent Precision Nutrition as well. They are a very reputable organization in the fitness world. \:\)

Thanks again and please let me know if you have any questions! Feel free to forward this on if you wish.

Autum

http://www.precisionnutrition.com/members

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is not spam or any type of solicitation. I am just trying to network with people who understand the hard work that goes into persuing one's goals. So please vote for Autum. If you want to see the before and after pics, you can create a free account.

I'll also be posting this in Spray.

Thank you for your votes (Lucky, Moronbros, Lokey, ect.)

Mike

ohh shit, I just "re-read" your post and saw that she was #4.

Sorry bout that, but yer a winner either way. Congrats.

Good AM Stickboy! No, she got my real vote, but I don't really know what happened the first time, because it accepted my vote for her the 2nd.

My wifes been walking, like seriously, and it's frustrating her because despite walking some pretty long walks or hard hikes (we did Dog Mt last Sun together, Sat she walked 11 miles for instance) she's not seeing a change.

So my congrats are sincere. She must be real happy.

Welcome to the 21st century, where loosing 14 pounds makes you a hero. Just my personal preference, but I prefer women that don't look like men.

Mods, please place this in the "I get to go home to Starla every night" thread.

Is someone bitter?

Anyone losing weight and keeping it off deserves a pat on the back. Besides, you probably just got the skinny gene :P

Linky Linky

I agree that people who lose weight deserve a pat on the back...not 'hero' status. Now, if they save the World and lose weight doing it, well, OK then.

This is essentially an amateur women's body building contest. If the voting is for musculature, fine. If it's for 'hotness'...well, maybe it's just me, but I don't find basalt pecs and 4 lbs of eyeshadow particularly alluring.

Furthermore, I question the health-mindedness of an organization that asks it's participants to lose 14 lbs in a month or whatever it was. That is no where near a normal rate of weight loss; and such feats are too often followed by rapid weight gain afterwards; which, by any measure, is not a healthy way to live. This is the kind of 'binge'/'purge' mentally that leads to an unsustainable and unhealthy dieting and drug use to achieve some grotesque version of 'hotness' pushed by late night infomercials. The need for these women to accumulate approval via the internet is more tragic than admirable.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

I agree that people who lose weight deserve a pat on the back...not 'hero' status. Now, if they save the World and lose weight doing it, well, OK then.

This is essentially an amateur women's body building contest. If the voting is for musculature, fine. If it's for 'hotness'...well, maybe it's just me, but I don't find basalt pecs and 4 lbs of eyeshadow particularly alluring.

Furthermore, I question the health-mindedness of an organization that asks it's participants to lose 14 lbs in a month or whatever it was. That is no where near a normal amount of weight loss rate that is so often accompanied by rapid weight gain afterwards; which, by any measure, is not a healthy way to live. This is the kind of 'binge'/'purge' mentally that leads to an unsustainable and unhealthy dieting and drug use to achieve some grotesque version of 'hotness' pushed by late night infomercials.

So what you're saying is you are a "boob man", so to speak?

Furthermore, I question the health-mindedness of an organization that asks it's participants to lose 14 lbs in a month or whatever it was. That is no where near a normal rate of weight loss; and such feats are too often followed by rapid weight gain afterwards; which, by any measure, is not a healthy way to live. This is the kind of 'binge'/'purge' mentally that leads to an unsustainable and unhealthy dieting and drug use to achieve some grotesque version of 'hotness' pushed by late night infomercials. The need for these women to accumulate approval via the internet is more tragic than admirable.

choosing to be in a contest does not mean they "need...to accumulate approval..."

if that's the case, you must also feel the neeeeed to judge them as lower than you on a stupid internet message board - which is tragic as well

:fahq:

choosing to be in a contest does not mean they "need...to accumulate approval..."

if that's the case, you must also feel the neeeeed to judge them as lower than you on a stupid internet message board - which is tragic as well

:fahq:

Choosing to be in an internet 'hotness' contest doesn't signal a need for anonymous approval? :grlaf:

Edited by tvashtarkatena