sizing 5.10's

thelawgoddess

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by fleblebleb:

You gonna order without trying on? Good luck wit dat...

well, i haven't found anybody around here that carries them yet. [Frown] i can always send them back for another model and/or size; i'm just hoping i'll get lucky on the first try. [Wink] i was also fishing for info on how much they stretch, but they're a pretty agressive shoe and i don't know anybody around here that uses them. anybody???

i think that fitting your shoes soo tight for therorethicsal perfomance inhancement is a bad idea...think long term...does the destruction of your foots natural form sound like a good idea??

i have several freidns who were in the skool of tight shoes for more aggresive footwork...well one of them cannot where mtn boots without expensive orthodics and the other has severe foot pain while running.....that sounds like more negatives then positives.....

i wear my 5.10s at my street shoe size for the synthetic shoes: ascents and anasazis...(less streaching) and a half a size down for the softer shoe: mocaysms.

The beauty of a lot of the new shoes that are out now is that with the curved and cambered last, you get excellent performance out of them without crippling the shit out of your little piggies (uh, that'd be your toes). Dr. Flash Amazing's last several pairs of shoes (La Sportiva, anything using the Miura last, thanks) have all been comfy once broken in, and with the exception of the Miuras, can be worn for extended bouldering sessions in the gym without causing much suffering.

• 2 weeks later...

I have owned the anasazi mocasym, anasazi velcro, and the anasazi lace. The mocasym will stretch one half size but it has a leather upper. With the velcro and lace you would be fortunate to experience a quarter size of stretch. I would size the velcro one half size smaller than the lace. These are not comfortable shoes but they do perform well. As per comparing them to sportiva miura's and mythos....5.10's performance shoes have a completely different fit. They pull all of your toes towards the inside edge, "asym toe design". For me I sized down 2.5 for velcro and 2 for lace.

i ended up getting the velcro anasazi's. [big Grin]

i've been climbing since april and thought i already knew how to edge, but boy was i sadly mistaken. day one on my new shoes was a lesson in [more] proper edging. whoa; a new tool and a new trick! [Cool] (the mythos are so forgiving that way, letting you smear everything with ease ...)

anyhow, i love my new shoes. and they aren't nearly as ugly as i thought they were before i had the chance to climb on them. [Wink]

quote:

Originally posted by Dr Flash Amazing:

The beauty of a lot of the new thongs that are out now is that with the curved and cambered last, you get excellent performance out of them without crippling the shit out of your little piggie. Dr. Flash Amazing's last several pairs have all been comfy once broken in, and can be worn for extended bouldering sessions in the gym without causing much suffering.

[Eek!]