Popes Realization

kevbone

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard Graham got the fouth accent on Wed? Can anyone verifiy?

...spent several weeks at the cliff this summer hoping to finish it off.

It's called "siege climbing", accept instead of fixed camps up the side of a mountain, you have fixed bolts on the side of the cliff on which you rehearse the moves into submission over a period of weeks.

I guess this is Dave's first confirmed 5.15.

You must be part of the in-crowd to be catchin' all the happenin' goodness of Dave, Chris, Tommy, Beth, + da hole gang!

Meanwhile, at the backdoor of the gym, the groupies await the departure of their favorite rock-stars!

groupies.jpg

"5.15.....that's SO dreamy!!!!!!"

esther_yee_lynn_karen.jpg

It's called "siege climbing", accept instead of fixed camps up the side of a mountain, you have fixed bolts on the side of the cliff on which you rehearse the moves into submission over a period of weeks.

You sound like this is a bad thing. I am sure you "siege" the holes you dig looking for King tut.

Yeah. Anything that takes years of disciplined effort and determination to build the various capacities required to accomplish it is pretty bogus. I'd be much more impressed with all of those Olympic atheletes, concert pianists, etc if they hadn't seiged and rehearsed their way to the top.

[gvideo]-200477265572892748[/gvideo]

You sound like this is a bad thing. I am sure you "siege" the holes you dig looking for King tut.

Your utter ignorance is at times overwhelming.

By the way, what do you do for a living? Do you even have a job? Perhaps we should all know so we can have the option of bringing your personal "profession" into comments directed your way.

Yeah. Anything that takes years of disciplined effort and determination to build the various capacities required to accomplish it is pretty bogus. I'd be much more impressed with all of those Olympic atheletes, concert pianists, etc if they hadn't seiged and rehearsed their way to the top.

I'm just removing the smokescreen and calling it as it is.

everest.gif

climbing-mount-everest-13.jpg

TAKE!

but what about those olympic sprinters? don't they just run around in circles? in a stadium built where a lovely field once was? ah, the blight called mankind.

OK, in case you're ignorant of this fact, climbing has traditions. These traditions dictate that climbing involves not only athletic ability and skill, but also boldness, adventure and respect for the medium. Turn your back on this and you'll lose what makes climbing special, what makes climbing different than Olympic-level competition in track or volleyball or synchronized swimming. Now, if you don't value boldness and tradition, but you still think scaling walls is "neato", then I suggest you stick to gym climbing and top-roping. Thereby can you remove ALL adventure and boldness from "climbing" and concentrate on perfecting your stupid little "project". I don't have a problem with this approach per se....it's when your bastardized form of climbing requires molesting our cliffs with a grid of bolts to accomodate your poor style that I have a problem.