SAM splint?

tanstaafl

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet you could find them in store, usually they are located next to the left-handed smokeshifters and little sumari pocket surgery kits. Just ask any of the helpful folks in the green vests, some of them even speak English as their native language and all of them will ask you if you'd like to become a member of their cult, err I mead co-op. Not that they are a cooperative anymore but it does help with the IRS tax code.

Called REI, the guy had never heard of them, went and looked, said they don't have them.

As if I could be any more disappointed in the dearth of general outdoor knowledge of those employed by what is now a sad shell of the co-op it used to be.

Does REI have a hard time keeping employees, and is thus compelled to hire idiots, or do they truly nolonger care about product knowledge amongst their staff? I go to REI, on occasion, to make purchases of gear that I am familiar with. I enjoy asking about said gear, and listening to the wide variety of made up bullshit when the green vest knows not what s/he is talking about. They know they should know, and are all too often too cocky to say "I dont know." Sad.

I sometimes think that :pagetop:'s would make better employees

Called REI, the guy had never heard of them, went and looked, said they don't have them.

As if I could be any more disappointed in the dearth of general outdoor knowledge of those employed by what is now a sad shell of the co-op it used to be.

Does REI have a hard time keeping employees, and is thus compelled to hire idiots, or do they truly nolonger care about product knowledge amongst their staff? I go to REI, on occasion, to make purchases of gear that I am familiar with. I enjoy asking about said gear, and listening to the wide variety of made up bullshit when the green vest knows not what s/he is talking about. They know they should know, and are all too often too cocky to say "I dont know." Sad.

I sometimes think that :pagetop:'s would make better employees

What do you mean? At REI, they love to get outside and play, and they know first-hand the importance of quality outdoor gear. It says so right there on their website!