Cheney not under President; sloppy with security?

mattp

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"The vice presidency is a unique office that is neither a part of the executive branch nor a part of the legislative branch, but is attached by the Constitution to the latter. The vice presidency performs functions in both the legislative branch … and in the executive branch."

Yeah....wow.

the vice president has not complied with the order because his office has dual functions: It is part of the executive branch - the Bush administration - but also part of the legislative branch, given Cheney's position as president of the Senate.

As such, the vice president's office has no legal obligation to abide by the order because it only applies to the executive branch, said the Cheney staffer, who ... requested anonymity.

And

Some legal scholars and government secrecy experts noted the irony in Cheney's stance that his office is not fully part of the executive branch, given his claims of executive privilege when refusing to provide information requested by Congress.

So, he's not bound by rules governing the executive branch because he's part of the legislative. And he's not bound by rules governing the legislative branch because he's part of the executive. So he's not bound by any rules at all.

I don't see anything wrong with that at all.

C'mon boys & girls. At least Bush or Cheney are'nt having sexual relations with interns. You know everything they do is to save us from the terrorists.

God, I can't believe I got all the way through those last two sentences without puking on the keyboard.