Burdo book?

Rad

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just talked to burdo on thursday night at the gym. he's got fliers up in vw and feathered friends announcing the book release, partay is in mazama - hosted by the guide service there, himself and vw. will have food, beverages, his book and more next weekend (16 and 17). in the meantime, he's working away at the other book too for wa. pass. hi blake! montanapup!

• 1 month later...

I called Feathered Friends, 2nd Ascent, and Vertical World to find a copy -- the word is that it won't be out until August or later....

tick tock, tick tock, the interminable wait for the promised Burdo guide continues....

Apparently, early copies were handed out at a Mazama event so folks could provide some feedback on the book before it went to press. Anyone get an advance copy???

I called Feathered Friends, 2nd Ascent, and Vertical World to find a copy -- the word is that it won't be out until August or later....

tick tock, tick tock, the interminable wait for the promised Burdo guide continues....

Apparently, early copies were handed out at a Mazama event so folks could provide some feedback on the book before it went to press. Anyone get an advance copy???

Some folks I live with did get an advance copy at the event. There is tons of new stuff which did need some feedback and some final details confirmed- Brian and others have been very busy and it will be worth the wait... That said, I have no idea when it will be out.

I have a copy of the Preliminary Guide book signed by the author himself! He's been dang busy bolting and cleaning and if you know how much work it takes to do what he does then give him a break on the release schedule.

I'm sure that I could share a few pages ;)

Cheers,

C

Goat_Wall_Topo_Med.jpg

Edited by 512dude

• 6 months later...

There is both a Mazama cragging guide, and a Bouldering Guide coming out soon. My understanding is these will be two separate books. As of January, I was told that he was finishing up the Bouldering and would soon move on to a book of alpine routes at WA Pass. However, this will be ONLY unpublished routes. A full WA Pass guidebook is somewhere further out on the horizon.

Last summer he pointed Dan and I to an area about 15 minutes up the road from the Mazama store called the "Prospector Wall" (~15 min approach). This wall was MUCH better than "fun rock" and should be in the new cragging guide.

I didn't climb it, but I would like to do it next year. He finished up the bolted belays at the stations. Scott Johnston of NCMG who posts on here was working on it with him, so maybe someone at NCMG will post the topo at their location in Mazama, like they did for other new routes.

If you want a partner for it next summer, I am eager to give it a go Eric. We might even find Bryan's tennis shoe at the base somewhere.

This climb is in the vacinity of "The passenger" and within conversational shouting distance to the climbers' left of the Direct East Buttress.

• 1 month later...