The world is now a better place

Alpinfox

a fun fox story excerpt:

The controversial anti-homosexual Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kan., plans to "preach" at the funeral of Rev. Jerry Falwell, according to its Web site.

"WBC will preach at the memorial service of the corpulent false prophet Jerry Falwell, who spent his entire life prophesying lies and false doctrines like 'God loves everyone,'" reads a posting on Godhatesamerica.com.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you gotta love Spray's two most rabid, cement filled tire chained dogs whining about all the 'hate' (which is actually nothing but good old satire and homage to the universe's infinite capacity for farce, but then again you can't squeeze black humor from a pea brain); the same 'poor me' tactics you hear from, say, the likes of Frist et al when their cockroach behaviour is exposed to the light of day. What a couple of pussies.

Pussy, me? ...The North Face of Shuksan is a Day Trip, chubby. Before you go callin' folks pussies, pea brains, cockroaches, and rabid dogs, you should make sure you can look after yourself properly if you ever happen to "run into" one of them up there. And I can guarantee you that taking three days (!) to hump up NF Shuksan does not qualify you to be talking that degree of shit. Now run along you fat fuck. :noway:

:lmao:

I think insisting on using the word hate here over and over again creates more of the hate-filled environment that folks keep insisting is here.

I don't read a lot of hate into people's comments about being glad that Falwell isn't around any longer. Maybe calous, maybe relief, maybe crudeness; but not hate. Where are people getting this? Projection? Buzz word? What?

Ease up a little. So Falwell's dead; we'll all be there soon enough. So some of us celebrate the fact that the death of Christ was necessary for salvation. What do you care if that's what we think? So sometimes we are all a little hypocritical. Hey, no one is perfect. Why waste time pointing the finger and name calling? What are you hoping to accomplish.

I think the dicussion around this is awesome. I just think some of the sidetracking (mentioned above) draws attention away from the power of the discussion itself.

[/off soap box--now shutting up]

a 30 minute overview of american, if not world, history oughta remind us all that hate, not love, is the general rule of man - we are bitchy little creatures - the folks we tend to remember are the ones who defy the norm (jeebus n' buddha n' pals) or take it to ever higher extremes (hitler, genghis khan, jeffery dahmner, etc)

history won't remember falwell for that long, i'd wager, as he doesn't really fit either billing - if he is remembered, it will be for being the inspiration for a person who does fit one or the other though - either some neo-gandhi or neo-stalin, as there were elements of his personality appealing to both.

Since "buzz-word" was from my post, I'll clarify I wasn't saying people's comments were hate-filled, I was just cautioning against the use of the word to describe a person who goes by a different moral code, as seems to be the popular thing to do these days. Save the word for the real nuts Ivan was talking about above.

I disagree. I think the general rule of man is love. Its just that seeing those who suffer at the hands of hate is much more frightening, and thus, memorable, than those who thrive under the warmth of love.

maybe it is just a perception thing, but i doubt it - perhaps a little experiment? which movies are more common - ones dominated w/ elements of hate or love? as mickey said in "natural born killers" - "don't nobody in hollywood believe in kissing anymore?"

love is certainly frequently to be found in human societies, but rarely where there is a noticable difference in populations - the kind of hate falwell spewed in the disguise of love is ancient - xenophobia is not only an inate feature of human psychology, but it also dominates practically every other animal species, no? it is in nature, as thomas hobbes said, "the war of all against all...and the life of man - nasty, short and brutish"

That is too simple of an analogy. Movies are made and marketed for males under 30. The world is not ruled by males under 30. At least, not any longer.

xenophobia is also different--fear is different than hate. Hell, we are even fearful in our love toward one another.

I believe the Hobbes quote also includes the world "isolated" (correct me if I am wrong, my memory is not so good). So are we isolated? I don't think so.

And I don't think life is nasty and brutish either. Short, yes. But if you are unhappy and life is dominated by hatred, why would "short" be included in the not-so-good list about life?

There are more than 2 responses to fear, you know that from climbing. Sometimes we freeze, sometimes we face our fear and move on. And by doing so, we effectively embrace what scares us.

we're kinda mincing words here - when i said "there are 2 responses" i meant there are 2 COMMON responses - ya know, the ones cats show when they're freaked out?

once we embrace our fear, we lose it - i'm not really scared by exposure when soloing once i've gotten over a few momentary flashes - what i love then is having beaten my fear into submission, that is, having fought it and won.

I took it to mean that you were using the two responses we are all told we have a choice of. We aren't cats--at least, we ain't pussies. People achieve amazing things in the face of fear--sometimes because of it. But being taught that fear is something that we have to confront or run from closes off our minds to reaching our full capacity. I believe our full capacity (and mostly likely a natural one that gets stomped out of us) includes the ability, option, and likliness of embracing our fear and growing as a result of it.

I hate every one of you stupid motherf#ckers because every g#d damned one of you is so hateful. Any you are a bunch of chumps, too. So there. Plus, you have little dicks and you don't know sh#t. I hate you all.

I piss on your Darrington routes. In fact, I just did piss on some of them. TR to follow. We did Silent Running car to car in just under 3 days; a new record. Look for it under the "Fat Fucks on Slab" title.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Ivan say:

but hypocrism is the precise reason for hating falwell - he espoused the message of jesus, which is the uber-hippy message of love-f$#king-everyone-and-under-no-circumstances-ever-do-anything-harmful-to-them-judge-not-lest-you-be-judged-yadda-yadda-yadda - a real cut and dried philosophy

No, it isn't a "cut and dried philosophy", which is why there are 2000 years of continuing theological discussions on the subject and hundreds of different churches listed in the phone book. Jesus, though, did have standards for morality. He expected people to strive for those standards but he was capable of forgiving people who nonetheless fell short.

uber-hippy message of love-f$#king-everyone-and-under-no-circumstances-ever-do-anything-harmful-to-them-judge-not-lest-you-be-judged-yadda-yadda-yadda

classy, dude...do your homework about Jesus..."yadda-yadda-yadda" doesn't cut it.

And here's another class act by "tvashtarkatena":

Get real, motherf#$ker. The guy was a world class bigot who tirelessly employed his wealth, celebrity, and political influence to cause a sh&t load of innocent people a whole lot of harm. The end of his miserable, regrettable existence should make us all breath that much easier.

And he harmed whom with his opinions? The Teletubbies?

And, spreading even more hate in case you hadn't had enough!:

And you gotta love Spray's two most rabid, cement filled tire chained dogs whining about all the 'hate' (which is actually nothing but good old satire and homage to the universe's infinite capacity for farce, but then again you can't squeeze black humor from a pea brain); the same 'poor me' tactics you hear from, say, the likes of Frist et al when their cockroach behaviour is exposed to the light of day. What a couple of pussies.

sad....sad indeed!

Raindawg, this so...so full of hate.

I hate every one of you stupid motherf#ckers because every g#d damned one of you is so hateful. Any you are a bunch of chumps, too. So there. Plus, you have little dicks and you don't know sh#t. I hate you all.

I piss on your Darrington routes. In fact, I just did piss on some of them. TR to follow. We did Silent Running car to car in just under 3 days; a new record. Look for it under the "Fat Fucks on Slab" title.

Have you learned how to flake the rope yet? Geez, man. At least drape it over your belly, or something. :noway: Based on two recent TR's of yours, I would classify you as both a pussy, and a danger to your second. Thank God you didn't post any pictures of your anchor set ups!

467425837_85f4ffb259.jpg

467426039_5a13b8a40a.jpg

467412514_a041619e44.jpg

I was just cautioning against the use of the word to describe a person who goes by a different moral code, as seems to be the popular thing to do these days.

A 'different moral code' is one thing, but his actions and words were basically immoral as far as I'm concerned. He relentlessly preached hate and racism, committed financial fraud his entire career, and the deep divisions we are experiencing in this country can in part be traced directly to his radicalization of the christian right. His obvious personal charisma aside, the bottom line as far as many of us are concerned is he was basically a monster relative to his influence on us as a nation.

Pussy, me? ...The North Face of Shuksan is a Day Trip, chubby. Before you go callin' folks pussies, pea brains, cockroaches, and rabid dogs, you should make sure you can look after yourself properly if you ever happen to "run into" one of them up there. And I can guarantee you that taking three days (!) to hump up NF Shuksan does not qualify you to be talking that degree of shit. Now run along you fat fuck. :noway:

Glad you also had a good time on the NF. Good route, and a great ski. Can't wait to see your TR.

You know....pope and I were the ones who originally came up with the concept of "Alpine Buddy" a few years ago. For reasons we certainly can't fathom now, we awarded the first title to "MattP". After various bannings, his questionings of our sincerities, etc., we decided to rescind the title a while back although it is apparently still used with pride. The quote above serves to confirm our decision. MattP: "Alpine Buddy"...NOT!

You know....pope and I were the ones who originally came up with the concept of "Alpine Buddy" a few years ago.

That's a surprise - with all the heart-felt sincerity between the two of you I would have guessed it would have been "Alpine Betty". Which mountain were you two on that summer...? No matter, "Buddy" or "Betty", I don't think Falwell would have approved.

Have you learned how to flake the rope yet? Geez, man. At least drape it over your belly, or something. :noway: Based on two recent TR's of yours, I would classify you as both a pussy, and a danger to your second. Thank God you didn't post any pictures of your anchor set ups!

467425837_85f4ffb259.jpg

467426039_5a13b8a40a.jpg

467412514_a041619e44.jpg

I think I've got a new, virtual "Alpine Buddy".

Edited by tvashtarkatena