Let's see those trip reports

catbirdseat

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this board is crazy :lmao:

I came here for climbing and I am getting Sex, drama, and some crazy chick named Marylou.

I want my mommy too, can I join in the wanker club?

you are already the president.

Okay, I trimmed off the sprayfest and sent it on to it's home in Spray. If you want to carry on about that, please go here. Please return your chairs and tray tables to their full and upright positions, this thread is now returned to it's original topic. Squabbling digressions will be deleted.

Okay, I trimmed off the sprayfest and sent it on to it's home in Spray. If you want to carry on about that, please go here. Please return your chairs and tray tables to their full and upright positions, this thread is now returned to it's original topic. Squabbling digressions will be deleted.

If you cannot refrain from squabbling, the Captain requests that you please follow the row of emergency lights along the aisle floor. These lights will lead you to the emergency exits, where you can exit the aircraft to Spray. Please note that you will not be provided with a parachute. All of your hot air should allow you to land safely after disembarking the aircraft. :laf:

Disclaimer: this is an actual trip report. Any references to hiking, either stated or implied, are purely incidental and as such, heretofore, will be referred to as "long approaches."

I got my first taste of Index climbing on Friday, thanks to k.rose's ropegun services. The climbing was more daunting than stuff I'd previously done, but TOTALLY fun!

"Princely Ambitions" and "Roger's Corner" went smoothly; I got a little pumped removing gear from the big flake on Godzilla and the guy racing up the route underneath me wasn't adding to my sense of wellbeing. "Breakfast of Champions" was an eyeopener; now I understand the term "thin hands" :eek:.

After all the fun(and a little swearing on my part :blush:) we continued westward to Leavenworth.

On Saturday got in 10 pitches on Castle Rock. Loved getting to experience some of the classics there.

Favorites were "Canary" and that freaky roof move on "The Bone", and my first Castle Rock lead on "Saber." It felt solid and I enjoyed the experience immensely, which is more than I can say for the girl ahead of me who was following her boyfriend(who went off-route and ran it out to the top, turning the climb into a bit of an epic for her. :cry: )

At Logger's Ledge, I got pegged as a cc.comer by someone who overheard my name being mentioned. "Hey, are you that 'Sherri' from Cascade Climbers...?" Small world. sickie

Also got a taste of some offwidth on "Damnation." That is definitely an acquired taste. k.rose scooted up the thing like it was a walk in the park, though. Even stopping halfway up the chimney to have a pleasant conversation with the fella on the route next to him.

We finished off the weekend with some fun in the Icicle at Alphabet Wall and Little Bridge Creek rock. I was shut down by the crux of "Meatgrinder" and by "Carnival Crack"(amazing to watch k do laps on that crazy thing! :o ) but sending "Arms Control" was the highlight of my day.

We wrapped things up just as the first of the raindrops began to arrive on Sunday afternoon.

It was a good weekend to be a climber. :wave:

Also got a taste of some offwidth on "Damnation." That is definitely an acquired taste. k.rose scooted up the thing like it was a walk in the park, though. Even stopping halfway up the chimney to have a pleasant conversation with the fella on the route next to him.

Which route was the neighbor on? Dan's Dreadful Direct or MF Overhang?

He was intending to be on Angel but had wandered off-route in the direction of Dan's Dreadful Direct, I believe.

My TR for this weekend:

Using various land management websites, I identified the nearest, most recent forest burn (above Leavenworth), then transposed the information to a Google Earth aerial photo. Morel hunting time.

Piled my wife and dogs into the Subaru. Off we went.

Weaved our way up to the site; following the Google Earth printouts, car camped on a ridge top with beautiful views, wildflowers, cozy campfire, no morels.

Promptly hit a rock on the way down, which seems to have caved in half my undercarriage. Damage estimates due by tomorrow.

He was intending to be on Angel but had wandered off-route in the direction of Dan's Dreadful Direct, I believe.

Isn't Damnation sexy?? that is one of the best climbs i have ever wedged the majority of my body into. I didn't make it all the way to the top as i got totally spanked and was so worn out by the time i got to the Chimley i couldn't keep going. Beautiful route though :grin: I would totally like love to hit that again.

Nice, Sherri! Gettin' some wideness! :tup:

Bouldered with Julie DeJ yesterday at Priests Draw, still recovering from schleppin' loads to the top of a fairly new climbing area on Friday - a narrow canyon with 300' wall on one side and a 400' wall on the other. In the shade all summer...

Going back this week to set anchors!

Saturday:

Crossfit Partner Workout:

Partner #1: Run 450M while carrying 100# punching bag

Partner #2: Continuous movement of the following:

Squats

Push-ups

Pull-ups

Sit-ups

While Partner #1 runs, Partner #2 completes as many reps as possible using continuous movement. Switch when Partner #1 finishes the run.

3 Rounds; For Time

Went to rock gym after crossfit. :mistat:

Went to pub club after that :brew:

Sunday:

Hood river. Cutest barista in the world just got cuter with a new tattoo.

Bouldered with Julie DeJ yesterday at Priests Draw, still recovering from schleppin' loads to the top of a fairly new climbing area on Friday - a narrow canyon with 300' wall on one side and a 400' wall on the other. In the shade all summer...

Name dropper.

How is she doing? Her ex boyfriend lives in the last house on the right as you park and walk into the draw…..

Isn't Damnation sexy?? that is one of the best climbs i have ever wedged the majority of my body into. I didn't make it all the way to the top as i got totally spanked and was so worn out by the time i got to the Chimley i couldn't keep going. Beautiful route though :grin: I would totally like love to hit that again.

Interesting observation. :/ "Sexy" hadn't occured to me as I was desperately grinding my buttcheeks against the wall, praying to the gods of gravity for something resembling an actual hold, but I shall look at it with a new perspective next time. :tup:

And thanks, MisterE! Sounds like you've been getting some good work in, too! :wave:

Edited by Sherri

Interesting observation. :/ "Sexy" hadn't occured to me as I was desperately grinding my buttcheeks against the wall, praying to the gods of gravity for something resembling an actual hold, but I shall look at it with a new perspective next time. :tup:

And thanks, MisterE! Sounds like you've been getting some good work in, too! :wave:

oh i have a serious lust for the off width. *shiver* best days climbing are the ones i come home from scraped and bloody from head to foot. I love a good thrutch. doesn't mean i am any good at them but i do love them so :grin:

Saturday:

Crossfit Partner Workout:

Partner #1: Run 450M while carrying 100# punching bag

Strange workout, dude.

Can you get 100 pounds of sand into one of these things?:

Bozobopbig.jpg

Partner #2: Continuous movement of the following:

Squats

Did it look like this?

squats.jpg

chairsquats.jpg

Hood river. Cutest barista in the world just got cuter with a new tattoo.

Ahoy! (and she wind-surfs, too!)

tattoo-02-dec-4.jpg

The new one:

messier-tattoo.jpg

Last week's:

107.jpg

Name dropper.

How is she doing? Her ex boyfriend lives in the last house on the right as you park and walk into the draw…

oh yeah... the good old old Priests Draw. Wonder how the doc is doing...

He's doing fine. Climbed with him yesterday, we're developing "The Doctor's Office" together.

Here he is putting in some anchors for the first route in "The Pharmacy":

honeycomb_wall_resize.jpg

Going back today!

Shoot me a PM who you are and I'll say Hi to him for ya.

Erik