!@%#^#^@$@^#&

Peter_Puget

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be lucky if I can get out once during the next 3-4 weeks!

:(

Nice pics! Hey Karate must be a fist crack for a youngster.

there were points where he was more inside it than outside of it, he kept saying "there is no way this thing is 10-"...hahahaha, whiner...

...my fist is bigger than his knee... :lmao:

Ya it must be a drag hearing the Americans convert the "Canadian" YDS scale at about the same ratio used to convert Candian dollars to US$. :battlecage:

"Let me see is 5.11 the same as 5.8 or 5.9? I always forget..."

BURN...

i think the squamish exchange rate to Index currency is on the order of 65%

Guess the joke was on me then, but I was happy to get in a couple laps at Exit 38 Sunday(better than nothing right?). I wondered if we'd be washed out by the rain showers encountered en route, but the afternoon turned out to be relatively dry/mild. Could still smell snow in the air.

Watched a little girl next to us leading a 5.7--it was only her second time lead climbing and she styled it. :tup: Her dad was belaying her with the brake strand pinched between just one finger and thumb though. Made me nervous to watch. :tdown:

I had this epic siegefest on a massive summit (2005 & 2006 taxes). Got up early Saturday morning, climbed (data entry) all morning long, got dehydrated (bored), had to stop and boil snow (case of coronas, 4 limes, bag of chips). Refreshed, I trudged (more data entry) upwards. Got off route (missing receipts) and had to bivy (passed out). Sunday, woke to blue sky's (fucking alarm clock) and proceeded to break camp (corona at 6am). A long day of sketchy rock (lying), frozen mud (making shit up)and constant rockfall (beer shits) led me to the summit cornice (out of beer). Undaunted, I trudged (staggered) on but as my headlamp (420) was dying, I turned back in defeat (filed extension, again).

Failing sucks but at least I tried (that sucked even worse).

free lunch on the picnic wall - it was most chossily goodtimes

highlight of the weekend was still non-climbing - layton gave me a copy of luther wright and the wrong's remodulation of pink floyd's "the wall" - fawking brilliant!

i climbed some squamish cracks.

the bluffs were sunny and dry and best of all there were hardly any Americans around! :battlecage:

yeah... i bet you ripped those 5.5's up with your "massive" biceps...

:lmao:

There's only one route rated 5.5 in the Bluffs, and there was a lineup for it :cry:

Ya it must be a drag hearing the Americans convert the "Canadian" YDS scale at about the same ratio used to convert Candian dollars to US$. :battlecage:

"Let me see is 5.11 the same as 5.8 or 5.9? I always forget..."

BURN...

i think the squamish exchange rate to Index currency is on the order of 65%

good topic!...I think that the Pillar is Index 5.9...what routes in Squish can you give Index grades? Can you think of any that ARE roughly equivalent?

I'll start with a few examples and you give the Index grade....:tup:

Caboose

Talking Holds

Sentry Box Direct

Black Water

Spider Fly

Agonal

Perspective

Boogie til....

Even Steven

Flight of the Challenger

long pitch below the truckstop on Freeway

DOA

Horrors of Ivan

Crescent Crack

Alaska Highway 2nd pitch

alaskahighway would be index 11+

blackwater would be index 11+

sentry box direct would be index 11+

even steven is mid 11 and i have very small fingers...not long enough...although comparable to sentry box

perspective 10+/11a

horrors of Ivan would be 10+ or 11-...very short crux...there's no way this thing is 11c

Caboose felt right, but i was hung over massively

haven't done boogie

haven't done talking holds, spidr fly agonal flight or freeway...these are all on the radar though..

seem fair?

Edited by RuMR

The question is do you think the Pillar would be rated the same in Yos?

I have climbed over half of the routes in your list but cant really remember them much. DOA seemed rated ok.(.11b?) Isn't that the same as Mouthful of Eels? Perspective is easy for the grade and Sentry Box Direct is very easy for the grade. Wasn't Horrors originally rated .11b? Seems a bit generous. I cant remember any of the others. Is Spider Fly a short crack at the back of the Bluffs?

Edited by Peter_Puget