What happened to Aliens and CCH?

fenderfour

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they could put out a product that doesnt fail or require a recall every 4 months then they would prob still have a chance. In my dealings with Dave at CCH they were impossible to work with. Always behind on orders. Shipping product months after it was ordered after may many calls. No customer service. Using the wrong materials to put together trigger wire swagges that resulted in trigger failures in inopportune moments. can u say PUCKER. In my opion a very badly run small co thats sets a bad example for all others.

After the recall debacle, I sent all 9 of my Aliens back for tensile testing at the end of January when I went on vacation (non-climbing). I got em all back a couple weeks ago with nice "tensile tested" stamps on the swages and little tags that said "tensile tested by Dave Wagonner". Given my painted on ID markings, and tags on the clip-in loops, none of them seemed to have been replaced (ie: failed the test). I am once more happy with them. I haven't used the offset TCUs yet, but Aliens still have a secure place on my rack.

I talked to Dave once before I mailed my cams in and he was terse but gave me the info I needed. The other guy I talked to when I called to check on the status of them after a month was very nice, found my cams, and moved them to the top of the to-do pile. I said I didn't need them back immediatly, but it seemed like they were willing to make an extra effort if I had a big trip coming up (since they'd already been there a month).

Using the wrong materials to put together trigger wire swagges that resulted in trigger failures in inopportune moments.

do they offer any compensation (i.e. new cams) for this? I had a trigger wire fail in Red Rocks last November and it wasn't due to any error/old age/damage on my part. as a result of it's placement and small size it was impossible to remove it, even when on rappel with two nut tools.

I only own them in the smaller range, but I will always go to them first before usign a BD or metolius in the same range. I have fallen on them and trust them. However, they are 4 years old. If the quality has gone down due to the demand, then I will find something else when they need to be replaced.

After the recall debacle, I sent all 9 of my Aliens back for tensile testing at the end of January when I went on vacation (non-climbing). I got em all back a couple weeks ago with nice "tensile tested" stamps on the swages and little tags that said "tensile tested by Dave Wagonner". Given my painted on ID markings, and tags on the clip-in loops, none of them seemed to have been replaced (ie: failed the test). I am once more happy with them. I haven't used the offset TCUs yet, but Aliens still have a secure place on my rack.

I talked to Dave once before I mailed my cams in and he was terse but gave me the info I needed. The other guy I talked to when I called to check on the status of them after a month was very nice, found my cams, and moved them to the top of the to-do pile. I said I didn't need them back immediatly, but it seemed like they were willing to make an extra effort if I had a big trip coming up (since they'd already been there a month).

to praise them once again.... i sent mine in last april. some hybrids, and one green that had the "dimple". they sent them all back within 3 weeks(mabey less?) all fully replaced except for the lobes, this was nice since the green was thrashed. i love these suckers :tup: and hope CCH stays alive.