Dog on Hood

snugtop

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet the lab thought the whole thing was good times. He got to go on a long hike, snuggle with his owners, and probably got a whole bacon cheeseburger when they got down to Timberline.

This dog did not think it was good time. I know this dog and he is a great dog. Matty (his master and climber who fell on Hood ) and I were in Red Rocks about about 2 years ago and he climbed Epinephrine with his girlfriend and came back to camp with a dog. Apparently someone had dumped the dog off in the canyon. Or lost it. Anyway Matty named him Velvet after finding him in Black Velvet Canyon. Been with him ever since. Hope they are alright.

Edited by kevbone

Oregon lawmakers push bill requiring mountain climbers to climb with dogs on Mount Hood

SALEM, Oregon: There is danger aplenty on Oregon's tallest peak — including avalanches and crevasses. Some say dogs can improve the odds of survival.

Several Oregon lawmakers want to require dogs with all climbers above 10,000 feet (3,048 meters) on Mount Hood — an idea mountaineers resist.

Rep. Jim Lame, chief sponsor, contends that three climbers who died in December might be alive had they had a dog.

Edited by iciclespyder

I know this dog and he is a great dog. Matty (his master and climber who fell on Hood ) and I were in Red Rocks about about 2 years ago and he climbed Epinephrine with his girlfriend and came back to camp with a dog. Apparently someone had dumped the dog off in the canyon. Or lost it. Anyway Matty named him Velvet after finding him in Black Velvet Canyon. Been with him ever since. Hope they are alright.

It does not suprise me that you are friends with these morons.

Oregon lawmakers push bill requiring mountain climbers to climb with dogs on Mount Hood

SALEM, Oregon: There is danger aplenty on Oregon's tallest peak — including avalanches and crevasses. Some say a large dogs can improve the odds of survival.

Several Oregon lawmakers want to require dogs with all climbers above 10,000 feet (3,048 meters) on Mount Hood — an idea mountaineers resist.

Rep. Jim Lame, chief sponsor, contends that three climbers who died in December might be alive had they had the required dog.

Dogs can also be butchered in extreme cases to prevent humans from starving. Warmth and food. I hope the bill passes so I can throw a smaller breed into the backpack and go.

Even in an avalanche the dog has benefits as it can dig upwards and free itself. Then using it's sensitive nose it can find you and dig you out. If you are chilled after being under the snow the dog can snuggle with you until you are warm. Then if you are hungry, you can eat the dog and survive.

Dogs, trully man's best friend. I would climb with my dog, but he is too fast!

.......I say chop that tree down that man is picketing that sign in.He want go and do it again if you chop it with him on it.

Hello, how come I'm the only one who is too stupid to figure that sentance out?

BTW, the "illegal" thread is further down. This is an English as a first (not second) language 666.

_________________________________________________--

Pagetop, I think the deal is, some people can't leave the bitch at home which explains how the dog was up there.

Oh No Mr.Bill.......

I think you did not gather all of this converstation is why you are lost.

SALEM, Oregon: There is danger aplenty on Oregon's tallest peak — including avalanches and crevasses. Some say a large dogs can improve the odds of survival.

Rep. Jim Lame, chief sponsor, contends that three climbers who died in December might be alive had they had the required dog.

Dogs can also be butchered in extreme cases to prevent humans from starving. Warmth and food. I hope the bill passes so I can throw a smaller breed into the backpack and go.

Even in an avalanche the dog has benefits as it can dig upwards and free itself. Then using it's sensitive nose it can find you and dig you out. If you are chilled after being under the snow the dog can snuggle with you until you are warm. Then if you are hungry, you can eat the dog and survive.

Dogs, trully man's best friend. I would climb with my dog, but he is too fast!

New way to look at this point of view