Is this legal?

kevbone

This particular vaccine is for a very specific STD which can lead to Cervical Cancer. You can only get it from sex. So if you choose not to have sex....then you are not at risk, the exposure is not there. You should not be force to place this Vaccine/drug into your body. Its all about money.

Don’t you all get it? The Vaccine Company has a guarantee on one PAID vaccine pure child. Guaranteed on the law in Texas. That is a pretty good motive for making it law in Texas….wouldn’t you think?

Clearly you don't know a fucking thing about HPV, its risks, what a woman goes through when she contracts the strain which causes cervical displasia (it AIN'T pleasant), how quickly the push to develop this vaccine occurred in the US, or how much support its development had in the last 5 years from various women's health advocacy groups.

All it's about to you is BIG GUVMENT telling you what to do. And you know what? They're not telling you what to do because your DICK isn't going to fall off (which is kind of too bad) from an easily transmitted, yet highly avoidable disease, that most people aren't very educated about (which is REALLY too bad).

Edited by E-rock

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly you don't know a fucking thing about HPV, its risks, what a woman goes through when she contracts the strain which causes cervical displasia (it AIN'T pleasant), how quickly the push to develop this vaccine occurred in the US, or how much support its development had in the last 5 years from various women's health advocacy groups.

All it's about to you is BIG GUVMENT telling you what to do. And you know what? They're not telling you what to do because your DICK isn't going to fall off (which is kind of too bad) from an easily transmitted, yet highly avoidable disease, that most people aren't very educated about (which is REALLY too bad).

Hey Erock…..ever considered decalf?

I know its complicated for you but simple statistics:

Take two groups of 10,000 11 year old girls. Give one group the vaccine and do not vaccine the control.

Prevalence of HPV in American population is roughly 30% so of the control, 3000 will get HPV and of the vaccinated group, none.

Now if the fatality rate from cervical cancer is 2%, 60 of the 3000 will die from the cervical cancer. Deaths from cervical cancer in the vaccinated group, none.

Therefore the parents of those 60 dead women are culpable in their deaths by refusing to have them given the vaccine.

Kevbone,

Parents can pretty easily opt-out of the program if they don't want their kids to be vaccinated, so it isn't really mandatory. No one would support a truly mandatory (punishment of jail time or something for noncompliance) vaccination program.

The reason that I support making this vaccine "mandatory" is that insurance companies only pay for "mandatory" vaccines. At ~$60 a shot, three shots required, it's fairly expensive and most people won't get it if their insurance doesn't cover it.

This is one of the most effective vaccines ever developed. It pretty much prevents cervical cancer.

I know its complicated for you but simple statistics:

Take two groups of 10,000 11 year old girls. Give one group the vaccine and do not vaccine the control.

Prevalence of HPV in American population is roughly 30% so of the control, 3000 will get HPV and of the vaccinated group, none.

Now if the fatality rate from cervical cancer is 2%, 60 of the 3000 will die from the cervical cancer. Deaths from cervical cancer in the vaccinated group, none.

Therefore the parents of those 60 dead women are culpable in their deaths by refusing to have them given the vaccine.

G-spotter. Thanks for the stats....does it include nuns? Those who dont have sex...

Just one more question: Do you think the new law is a good idea?

Yes or no?

Parents can pretty easily opt-out of the program

Thanks for your input Alpinfox. But coming from a new parent who is not vaccinating my newborn…..”easily opting out” is really not that easy. I have run into snags all along the way. We knew this going into it….so I am not complaining about our decision. But it is not easy to tell the daycare who will only take vaccinated children to go to hell. I suspect the same difficulties coming from Texans

I don't understand why you are up in arms about this, kevbone.

It sounds as if you think this will be the first mandatory vaccine ever, or something. But it's not. For example, Texas requires "mandatory" polio vaccines (allowing for various exemptions for personal/religious reasons).

If you are against the mandatory HPV vaccine, then you should also be complaining about mandatory polio vaccines, etc. Are you?

Do you support repealing all vaccination requirements entirely? Or only HPV?

Parents can pretty easily opt-out of the program

Thanks for your input Alpinfox. But coming from a new parent who is not vaccinating my newborn…..”easily opting out” is really not that easy. I have run into snags all along the way. We knew this going into it….so I am not complaining about our decision. But it is not easy to tell the daycare who will only take vaccinated children to go to hell. I suspect the same difficulties coming from Texans

I'll put the "never try to reason a man out of something he wasn't reasoned into" philosophy into practice here and simply ask what your primary area of expertise is and how you came arrived at this decision.

KEVBEENBONED, obviously i'm having a discussion with someone who is sans brains, but why on earth would you deny your children the protection afforded by 21st century medical advances???? WTF is wrong with you???

I challenge you to find it anywhere in this thread that states I want to deny my children anything!

Kevbone,

HPV is the most prevalent and easily transmitted STD in the world.

Over a 130 different types have been identified - and only 30 of them are transmitted solely through intercourse (that means the other 100 types are transmitted by contact).

Its believed that at least 75% of women will contract at least one type of HPV by adulthood (Baseman and Koutsky, 2005).

The second most common form of cancer in women is cervical cancer.

Greater than 90% of all cervical cancer cases have been linked to HPV infections. In 2006, cervical cancer was expected to have a 40% mortality rate.

The cost of the vaccination - what, $180-360? - is definitely cheaper than the cost of monitoring an HPV infection for abnormal cervical cells in quarterly and bi-annual PAP smears, the cost of coloposcopy biopsies, the cost of a LEEP procedure, and all the follow up visits that attend this. Not to mention the cost of diagnosing and then treating cervical cancer.

Not to mention the emotional costs of loosing a loved one.

Hey, I see you are posing a serious question about something which sounds important to you.

I have a question back at you. Why would anyone want to discuss a serious issue of your choosing on this board when you have consistently crapped all over other people's serious topics with your dimwitted banter even when they asked you to stop?

toughguy