Al Gore nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

rob

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Media slut or no, he sure did a bang up job closing the ignorance gap with "An Inconvient Truth".

Kudos to you for actually talking about something that matters, Mr. Gore.

Very true.

And you would think that Americans would have a great appreciation for this. We tend to answer "education" to every problem, but then don't fund that or support it. Al did.

Not to steal his thunder, but it's not all that hard to get nominated if you're politically connected. Nancy Pelosi could nominate Karl Rove if she wanted to.

Rush Limbaugh was nominated. :laf:

Here's some recent great stuff from the man himself:

On economics:

The average weekly salary in Mexico's four bucks, and a tortilla costs three now, and that's why they're rioting down there. National uproar has put the new president in an uncomfortable position between the poor and some agribusiness industries hoping to profit from the surge in international corn prices. See? It happens everywhere, folks, big business. Did you see the Exxon profit? Oh, this is great. This is great news. Makes me feel proud to be an American. Makes me love capitalism. ExxonMobil reported the largest annual profit in US history, $39.5 billion dollars. Yes! Despite a 4% decline in fourth quarter profit, Exxon posted fourth quarter net income of $10.25 billion, or $1.76 a share on revenue of $90.3 billion. “The oil and gas giant said that its latest results reflect lower natural gas realizations and refining margins partly offset by higher crude realizations and improved chemical market.” Well, I don't know what that means, but I love seeing it, I love hearing it. Record US profit.

On that Global Warming myth:

Look at the problem with the moose up in Anchorage. We told you about this yesterday, so much snow, more snow than they can deal with, despite global warming, that the moose have migrated into Anchorage but there's so much more snow in Anchorage than there usually is that the moose are taking up space on roads and sidewalks and plowed pathways and this kind of thing. It's just nonsense.

Yeah...snow falling in Alaska in the winter- that settles it.

Actually, in truth, statistically most of AK's precip is from July to October. In the winter, snowfall varies but generally, the heaviest ones happen when...it's REALLY WARM.

And moose in the streets....:lmao:

They're in the streets of Los Anchorage- heck, their in my fricken driveway- every winter. There's signs on the roads every year with the flip-number thing telling you the moose roadkill body count for the season.

The two paragraphs I posted came in the same rant, minutes apart. So if anyone's wondering where the denial for global warming has it's motivations...

Apparently it's our patriotic duty to express open ended joy at the record profits of price gouging energy industries, whether your invested in them or not.

Meanwhile, ExxonMobile dollars are going out to pay off $10,000 each to scientists who will agree to dispute the findings published yesterday in the latest major climate change report: Guardian Unlimited

This really deserves its own thread.

My favorite quote..

Ben Stewart of Greenpeace said: "The AEI is more than just a thinktank, it functions as the Bush administration's intellectual Cosa Nostra. They are White House surrogates in the last throes of their campaign of climate change denial. They lost on the science; they lost on the moral case for action. All they've got left is a suitcase full of cash."

If I was the God thingy, I would just take a big'ol shit right on the United States.. and it would only land on the bad people.