CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES!!

archenemy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations, Arch. Now it's your turn to help find me a job.

I am trying to get a transfer to a unit within my company that is being retained after the merger. The unit will be sold to another company within a year. If it results in layoffs, I'll still get the nice severance package that I would have gotten had I not taken the transfer.

It's a major career change though. A very different job in biopharmaceutical manufacturing.

I am trying to get a transfer to a unit within my company that is being retained after the merger. The unit will be sold to another company within a year. If it results in layoffs, I'll still get the nice severance package that I would have gotten had I not taken the transfer.

It's a major career change though. A very different job in biopharmaceutical manufacturing.

sounds like a good option... it may be a big change, but that would be a temporary change, right (within a year you'd switch again anyways)? Sometimes unexpected change can be good too.

best of luck!

sounds like a good option... it may be a big change, but that would be a temporary change, right (within a year you'd switch again anyways)? Sometimes unexpected change can be good too.

best of luck!

I'm hoping the experience will make me more employable, so I can stay in this area. I like it here. Lots of good places to go climbing.

best of luck!

I'm hoping the experience will make me more employable, so I can stay in this area. I like it here. Lots of good places to go climbing.

I've had quite a bit of job upheaval myself since 2002. If I had my druthers I never would have left making custom, in-house software to support biotech research/projects, but have had to mostly step out of that area. Every change has benefited me. I too, would rather change job areas than leave this area. :-)

He's out to impress everybody whith his knoledge of some language that nobody actually gives a shit about.

Actually it was a joke. Read what Kevboner wrote immediately preceding my response.

My advice: SPEAK ENGLISH

I'll speak english only once everyone else around me does. :fahq:

sod-speak_english_or_die.jpg

You come into this country

You can't get real jobs

Boats and boats and boats of you

Go home you fuckin' slobs

Selling hot dogs on the corner

Selling papers in the street

Pushing, pulling, digging, sweating

Where you come from must be beat

[CHORUS]

You always make us wait

You're the ones we hate

You can't communicate

Speak English Or Die

You don't know what I want

You don't know what I need

Why must I repeat myself

Can't you fuckin' read?

Nice fuckin' accents

Why can't you speak like me

What's that dot on you head,

Do you use it to see??

[CHORUS-MOSH PART-CHORUS]

He's out to impress everybody whith his knoledge of some language that nobody actually gives a shit about.

Actually it was a joke. Read what Kevboner wrote immediately preceding my response.

My advice: SPEAK ENGLISH

I'll speak english only once everyone else around me does. :fahq:

sod-speak_english_or_die.jpg

You come into this country

You can't get real jobs

Boats and boats and boats of you

Go home you fuckin' slobs

Selling hot dogs on the corner

Selling papers in the street

Pushing, pulling, digging, sweating

Where you come from must be beat

[CHORUS]