Gustav's -Leavenworth

Jens

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the most part Leavenworths food establishments suck.

-Duck and Drakes makes a good burger and Halibut sandwhich, plus they have Boundary Bay IPA on tap but it's a dungeon. The only window is at the front and the service can be, well, bad...

-Viscontis= too much tude

-Ulis really blows. :tdown: Try to get in there for a late night burger on a Sat without paying a $5 cover for some shitty band. Makes for one expensive burger. Oh and taco night was a real deal :rolleyes:. Dogs and stinky hippies abound, Ulis truly blows. K. Kurtz's "jive" can be entertaining however.

-Post Office= smoke pit with bad food.

-Gustav's is the least offensive, in my opinion, but I hate fries and don't mind that my burgers come without. The beer is good and the employees are friendly and helpful.

-Leavenworth Pizza Co puts their toppings below the cheese a definite sign of a failed pizza. :tdown:

-Does anyone even go to Kodiak? The owner alone will drive you out the door, not to mention the cruddy eats.

-Heidelburger gives me gut rot. Does no mayo mean double it up?

-The mexican joint is way overpriced for very mediocre food.

-The Dragonfly (newest local hotspot) is ok for socializing but the food is outrageously priced albeit good. $15 california rolls is a lot for mayonaise.

-Renaissance is ok as long as the owner isn't waiting on you. She'll forget you're there in a second unless she knows you.

-Krystal's is dope if you want a truck stop breakfast. At least you get a free one on every 6th visit.

Yup, Gustav's is still the best of a bad lot although personally I prefer a cabin burger and frosty PBR at the "highest bar in Chelan County"... ;)

Leavenworth Pizza Co puts their toppings below the cheese a definite sign of a failed pizza. :tdown:

The horror!

Perhaps you prefer your toppings limp and uncooked, resulting in a very soggy 'za, but I do not. :wave:

Sorry Sobo, I'm not at liberty to disclose the location of said "bar". It's more of a myth anyhow...

telemarker,

Was that the place on the corner of the Chumstick Hwy and Hwy 2? If so, I think the building was condemned and Simian the owner moved to California or something. I went slednecking with Sim once and I don't think I would be completely comfortable eating anything he touched. :noway:

• 1 month later...