Which first???

kevbone

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it is a valid topic but come on...adam corolla?

i presented another alternative for you, if you insist upon focusing on the gender/race issue. the topic doesn't have to be black or female. why not hispanic or asian?

it will undoubtedly be a national topic of discussion as the election nears but i hope that as voters we will rise above using that as our criteria.

Relax Minx….I just found it entertaining to listen to. I also thought is would be good for a spray like conversation on CC.com. Considering how many smart climbers post here. You’re right….it should never be about gender or race…..in a perfect would. But there is a lot of backwards redneck mother f…..ers out there who WILL make an issue out of it.

Hillary seems too much a megalomaniac for me. Sure, anyone who wants that job has to have a pretty fair share of raw ambition, but there's something about her that puts me off. I'm left with the impression that winning matters a lot more to her than ideas do,

I wonder if she is hesitant to push ideas first as a result of the brutalizing fallout she got from pushing her health care reform idea?

Hillary seems too much a megalomaniac for me. Sure, anyone who wants that job has to have a pretty fair share of raw ambition, but there's something about her that puts me off. I'm left with the impression that winning matters a lot more to her than ideas do,

I wonder if she is hesitant to push ideas first as a result of the brutalizing fallout she got from pushing her health care reform idea?

Nah. She failed last time because she tried to do an end run around Congress by creating a huge proposal without consulting them very much. She's smarter than that, now. I think she's seen as equivocating because of her various stances on Iraq. It's a bit of a political hot potato for anyone, though, so you can't really blame her for delicately trying to navigate it.

As for megalomania, I haven't heard a single pundit or inside source describe her as such.

What does it mean to be "ready" for something but to have not done it yet?

How can someone be "ready" for something that they have already done?

Okay, what does "ready" mean? Can you do something without being "ready"?

If we're ready to elect a woman (or an african-american, or a hispanic, or cross-dresser, or whatever other classification of person we have never elected before), will we just do it? Or is it more compicated than that?

Ready vs not-ready is probably too much of a simplification to mean very much. The only real way you could argue we're not ready is to have a woman who is clearly the most qualified candidate toss her hat in the ring and then lose. I doubt anyone will be able to agree that this is the case.

Likewise, I think the only proof that we were ready to do something is that we did it.

And by saying that we haven't evolved to the point where we would elect a woman leader, one is stating that the US is lagging behind India, England, Phillipines, Ireland, Pakistan, Norway, Canada, Nicaragua, New Zealand, France, Switzerland, Turkey, Iceland, Bermuda, Finland, Liberia, Peru, etc etc etc.

Can you really be serious to think that we are so backwards? I refuse to believe this assertion.

We refuse to accept the metric system. That ought to tell you something right there.

And by saying that we haven't evolved to the point where we would elect a woman leader, one is stating that the US is lagging behind India, England, Phillipines, Ireland, Pakistan, Norway, Canada, Nicaragua, New Zealand, France, Switzerland, Turkey, Iceland, Bermuda, Finland, Liberia, Peru, etc etc etc.

Can you really be serious to think that we are so backwards? I refuse to believe this assertion.

We refuse to accept the metric system. That ought to tell you something right there.

That is true.....we also refuse to flat out impeach bush.

I think she's seen as equivocating because of her various stances on Iraq. It's a bit of a political hot potato for anyone, though, so you can't really blame her for delicately trying to navigate it.

Yes, you can! This is the thing the Republicans have had on the Democrats. When people spoke of support for Bush, this was was what they cited. He held his views with conviction. He was a "strong leader".

In case anyone skimmed that list too quickly: even Pakistan has had a woman lead their nation.