SC and Prole: We told you so

Fairweather

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another couple of points Fairweather may wish to avoid:

He says he is so happy that Bush was President on 911 and not Gore because Bush has done such a wonderful job with Iran, Afghanistan, and N. Korea, but how has he done in response to 911?

Have you seen the budget for homeland security? Have you seen the USCG speeders out in Elliot from the window of your Seattle ivory tower? You answer some of this question yourself below re international bank monitoring - and many other programs that The LA Times and those on your side of politics seem bent on exposing to our enemies.

It is well documented that the Clinton team tried very hard to get the incoming Bush administration to recognize and respond to a growing threat of terrorist attack, and the Bush people rebuffed them as paranoid. As I recall, there was even a plan or the beginnings of a plan to go after Bin Laden that the Bush people tanked.

It is well documented that Bush received a memo titled something like “terrorists determined to strike inside the US” about a month before 911, and there were at the time some warnings coming from the intelligence community as to at least some of the specific 911 hijackers. Bush complained that someone would interrupt his vacation with such a concern and did absolutely nothing about it.

This is ex-Clinton propaganda you've bitten hard on. And, of course, only a Clinton ex-pat can confirm or deny this. It seems to fit your bitterness such that you've likely swallowed more than reality. The fact remains that any "plan" Clinton had in place for 8 YEARS was never enacted. Talk about passing the buck!

How could Gore possibly have done worse than Bush before 911?
Because the man if fucking unbalanced:

GoreAngry.jpg

And then the post 911 response: Bush looked pretty cool when he put on a hard hat at ground zero and said we won’t stand for this, but what has he really done?

He fulfilled his promise to punish Al Queda and The Taliban.

He’s toppled a government in Afghanistan but it is not clear if the situation there is going to turn out well.

Wow. There's a good reason to do nothing, eh?

There have been some effective laws restricting the transfer of funds to potential terrorists, but is Bush hugely responsible for this?
I believe so. Again, notwithstanding the best efforts of The LA Times.

He set up the “Department of Homeland Security.” I don’t know about you but on this I think he gets a mixed report card.
There's always room for improvement, I suppose.

He has waved the specter of the boogey man, used it to justify a war that has been a disaster, and used it to justify our policies in Iran and N. Korea. Whether he has done well or not in these arenas, is this boogeyman business a good response to a terrorist attack?
Hindsight - as I've said before - not Iraq. But as for the rest....You tell me.

YahooTopPicsEmail2.jpg

_41129884_pyong_ap.jpg

iran-missile-shihab3-parade-building-bg.jpg

Edited by Fairweather

Now, Matt, before you start up again with your 1000 questions, I have a few of my own:

What's your plan for Iraq?

How would you get Kim Jong Ill to give up his nuke capability? And please don't tell me it's Bush's fault he has one to begin with.

How do you explain Iran's race toward the bomb? The program has been underway since long before our involvement on its borders. And long before Bush.

What are your solutions?

I give up, Fairweather. At least for now. You are determined not to discuss these matters and I cannot force you to do so.

All questions, but no answers. I think even the most biased observer can see your lack of good faith re our conversation. I answered your points line-for-line. You're a real piece of work old man. Fuck off. :noway:

...how do you make me look like cheney? funny answers welcome, but i'd like a serious one too!

Dare I deign to divulge that I deem divergent?

I think not. It will remain a gift of mystery. And remember...

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science."

Albert Einstein

you're a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma; but perhaps there is a key

I give up, Fairweather. At least for now. You are determined not to discuss these matters and I cannot force you to do so.

All questions, but no answers. I think even the most biased observer can see your lack of good faith re our conversation. I answered your points line-for-line. You're a real piece of work old man. Fuck off. :noway:

lawyers ask questions; they don't answer them. :grin:

matt seems alright though, don't be too hard on him.

you're throwing out there 'many thousands' as though you've got the numbers in your back pocket....

we are talking about the shoot first ask later killings... i'd have a hard time believing that 'policy' has lead to that many.

Are you kidding? You yourself said nobody should be expected to inspect national ID cards in the middle of an armed confrontation, but certainly our troops have killed "many thousands" of presumed combatants. Even by our government's own account, we have been fighting a bunch of hostile terrorists who have entered the country of Iraq solely for the purpose of de-railing our efforts to bring freedom to the poor people who live there. Certainly, our killing of "suspected terrorists" in the field have added up to thousands, and I'm not really sure what the totals have been in Guantanimo or in military prisons in Iraq and elsewhere. Thousands is for sure. Maybe more.

There are presently 430 detainees at Guantanamo, all of whom have been tortured (from eyewitness accounts of detainees who've been released). Only 10 have been charged with a crime. Congress has defied a 2004 Supreme Court ruling by legislatively denying these prisoners access to an attorney and other constitutional norms of due process.

Now, Matt, before you start up again with your 1000 questions, I have a few of my own:

What's your plan for Iraq?

How would you get Kim Jong Ill to give up his nuke capability? And please don't tell me it's Bush's fault he has one to begin with.

How do you explain Iran's race toward the bomb? The program has been underway since long before our involvement on its borders. And long before Bush.

What are your solutions?

If you stick your arm into a hornets nest, it's a bit too late to ask about what the solution to your situation might be. There is none, other than running as fast as you can and hoping you get stung as little as possible.

There is a man trying to meet the princess at his kingdom castle, but there are two castles his kingdoms and a dark wizard's. As he's walking there is a fork in the road. One leads to the kingdom's castle , and the other to the dark wizard's. If he gos to the dark wizards territory he will be killed. There are twin men standing at each road. You have to ask the men for directions, but one of the twins lies and the other tells the truth. You are only allowed to ask one question. What do you ask them?

There is a man trying to meet the princess at his kingdom castle, but there are two castles his kingdoms and a dark wizard's. As he's walking there is a fork in the road. One leads to the kingdom's castle , and the other to the dark wizard's. If he gos to the dark wizards territory he will be killed. There are twin men standing at each road. You have to ask the men for directions, but one of the twins lies and the other tells the truth. You are only allowed to ask one question. What do you ask them?

GOT CORN?!?!?